Monday, February 25, 2008

Apple Wrap

I had planned to have a peanut butter and banana wrap today for lunch, but I forgot my banana on the kitchen counter at home. Duh! I tried to buy one at the HSPH cafe, but no bananas today. I improvised with a granny smith apple and some trail mix, which was mostly sunflower seeds. I sliced-up the apple, then nuked it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften it up, then added peanut butter and trail mix to the wrap.

I was planning on rolling the wrap, but I packed too much stuff in it! I ended up folding it in half and eating it like that.


Post-lunch cocoa...


Afternoon snack: cantaloupe and cottage cheese....


Pita: 80
Apple: 85
2 tbsp PB: 190
1/4 cup trail mix: 70
Cocoa: 60
Lunch total: 485

1 cup cantaloupe: 50
Cottage cheese: 90
Afternoon snack total: 140

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a great snack, I should try it soon:-)
X M

Anonymous said...

where do you get your trail mix?

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke,

I buy my trail mix at Stop & Shop. It is called "Rocky Mountain Mix." I'm not sure of the brand, but I will check next time I buy it. I usually find it in the produce section with the nuts and dried fruit.

Living to Feel Good said...

Mmmmm all of that looks good!! I will have to try that snack out!!

Anonymous said...

That wrap/sandwich looks way too good. I am definitely going to have to give it a try.

Unknown said...

how was it? it looked amazing!!!!!!!