Monday, February 4, 2008

Busy Afternoon, Quiet Evening

Work was crazy busy today, but I managed to squeeze in an afternoon snack: cottage cheese and pineapple chunks. I drained the juice from the pineapple and mixed with the cottage cheese. The best part about this snack, besides it tasting wonderful, is that it is easily transportable.


I arrived home around 5:30pm to a quiet apartment; my fiance was working late. I received Rocco's 5 Minute Flavor (all meals have just 5 ingredients) as a gift this past Christmas, and have been meaning to try some new recipes. I had purchased all these ingredients last week to make this meal, but didn't have the time. The green pepper looked a little pathetic after sitting in the fridge all week, but it cooked-up alright.

The meal: Rice Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce. It was pretty tasty, and took about 10-15 minutes to make. 


1 Comment:

One Food Guy said...

Wow, home made dinner in 10-15 minutes, I think I need to get me a copy of 5 minute flavor, although I think Rocco is kind of a sell out. I think there are other 5 ingredient recipe books out there, I'll have to check that out.