Thursday, June 19, 2008

Birthday Recap

As they say, time flies when you are having fun! My first day being 28 was wonderful-- it was all around relaxing and enjoyable.


Dinner

Our fridge is looking pretty empty, but I was able to throw together a spinach salad with corn-off-the-cob, blueberries, strawberries, feta, and topped with balsamic vinegar. Very colorful!


On the side, I had some spaghetti with Olivio and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. I can't tell you the last time that I ate pasta like this-- it was even more delicious than I remembered!


Best Part of the Day

The best part of my birthday (besides not going to work) was receiving a half dozen cupcakes from Babycakes as a gift from Mal.


Babycakes is a quaint, cute shop that serves the most amazing cupcakes. The cupcakes are both wonderfully attractive and delicious! I purchased a dozen for a baby shower a few months ago, and the women went nuts over them! In my opinion, Babycakes has the BEST cupcakes in Boston!

Check out these beautiful babies...


The Lemon Coconut cupcake looked the most appetizing with its ample frosting and toasted coconut shavings, I decided that I wanted to eat it first. It was calling my name! Inside the vanilla cake was creamy, sweet lemon filling. Yuuuummmy!


Of course, just one cupcake wasn't enough for me. I split a Peanut Butter Cup cupcake with Mal. The frosting was divine-- smooth, creamy, and very flavorful. It had an intense peanut butter flavor. Sooo good!


Breakfast (many hours later)

Here's a shot of breakfast... can you believe that my camera phone took this photo? It actually came out really well! 

Blueberry pancakes are my favorite, so they were a great way to start my birthday! I didn't eat breakfast until noon, so I never had lunch today. I definitely made up for the lost calories with cupcakes tonight... and I kind of want another half! :)


One more day! So glad the weekend is almost here!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday- so glad you enjoyed getting off from work. Your pasta looks delish (who doesn't love pasta with olivio and parm- classic and amazing!), and more importantly, your cupcakes are gorgeous! So glad you and Mal enjoyed them! Happy Birthday!

PonderingRunningYogi said...

Yum...those cupcakes look delicious! You made my mouth water a bit...
Enjoy the rest of your birthday!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you had an awesome birthday. Those cupcakes are gorgeous!

Becca said...

Looks like a wonderful day and what great looking birthday treats! Happy birthday!

WWSuzi said...

I love eating spagetti that way but haven't done it for ages!

Maggie M. said...

Those cupcakes look great :) Glad you enjoyed them.

The salad is gorgeous as well!

juve said...

hey grate food u do!
i want to learn some
i have just change to a home, alone
and i want to learn to do than easy, tasty and nutritive food u do!

happy bday by the way.

im 28 old too
just got it in may 22

those pancakes whit the starbucks coffe look grate, did u did them?
plis tell me how!
grate to be ur reader :)

Aimee said...

WOW I'm falling for that peanut butter chocolate cupcake. Yummy.