Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Heart Mollie Katzen

I've said this before: Mollie Katzen is a genius... a true recipe genius! I am obsessed with her newest cookbook, The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without. The recipes inside make eating vegetables interesting and exciting! Of the dishes that I have tried, each one has a ton of flavor, but don't require lots of uncommon, hard-to-find ingredients. Most of the recipes you can make with what is already in your cupboards or refrigerator. Mollie's recipes are also very easy to make, and she gives you step-by-step instructions, which even a beginner cook can follow. If you're interested in adding more veggies to your diet, this book is definitely a great resource. I cannot say enough good things about this book!


Last night, I Mollie Katzen's Broccoli, Apple, & Red Onion in Honey-Mustard Marinade (minus the apple) dish. From start to finish, this recipe took me about 15 minutes to prepare, including clean-up. Honestly, it's probably the best broccoli salad I've ever eaten!


Along side my amazing broccoli salad, I also had a small piece of homemade pizza from last night's dinner. I ate it cold today. Sometimes, cold pizza just hits the spot!


I rounded out lunch with Fage, strawberries, and honey. Lunch was a little on the large side today, but it's 3:30, and I am not at all hungry for an afternoon snack. My lunch is kicking butt today! :)


I'm going to Trivia Night at a local bar with friends tonight, so I'm not sure what's happening with dinner. I might just grab a quick bite to eat at home before the bar or maybe I'll just eat dinner at the bar. Bar food is always tough though-- sometimes, you will luck out with good, quality food, but other times, you end up with... well, nasty, bar food. I'm not sure if I want to "risk it," buuuut this bar does have the most amazing French fries... crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Tough decision!

12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yes, Mollie Katzen is definitely a culinary genius - great dish!

Have fun at Trivia Night!!

Anonymous said...

AHHH Tina you're going to have horrible onion breath!! I can't believe you just crunch into those purple things RAW!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and have the fries. You work out hard and eat a well balanced diet. One serving of fries won't kill ya! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have fun at trivia night! If you have some fries, have some for me!

Cookie said...

I usually just sneak in a protein bar or something (My fav is Atkins Caramel) so I won't be tempted by nachos or frieds. BUT they sure sound good after a few drinks! hehe

Fitnessista said...

that broccoli salad looks delicious!
oooh i love cold pizza!!!!
have fun at trivia night :D

Allyson said...

I think you've just about convinced me to buy that cookbook!

HangryPants said...

I completely agree about Mollie Katzen. I just made one her recipes from one of her children's cookbooks and even that was delicious. That broccoli looks great and your breath will be great, don't listen to Kath the Onion Hater.

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hope you had the fries - you deserve them!

Anonymous said...

I had almost the same veg last night, but I don't have the book - I'll have to see if the library has it. Basically I steamed the broccoli for just a few seconds, added the cut apple and the raw red onion, and a drizzle of lemon juice with a bit of mustard. Wow.

Hope the food at trivia was yummy - and that your team won!

Anonymous said...

Is it bizarre that I like cold pizza for breakfast? That is the only time I like cold pizza.

sweets&sweets.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book recommndation on Kath's site-I will definitely check it out!!