Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Saving Room

Thanks to those of you who replied to my previous post! I love all of your ideas (and compliments)! I actually hadn't considered some of your ideas, so I'm glad you guys suggested them! I'm getting really excited to update CNC in the next couple of weeks! Of course, if you have any more feedback, please send it my way!

Today's lunch: Homemade salad with lettuce, tomato, snap peas, red onions, almond slices, and Claire's relish. It's the exact same salad that I ate for dinner last night. I made it simultaneously while I was making my dinner salad-- I cut up twice the amount of veggies and tossed half in a bowl for dinner and half in a Tupperware container for lunch today.


Lunch also included a new find: Kashi TLC Fire Roasted Vegetable Crackers, which were very tasty-- lots of flavor with a grainy texture and some quality crunch... a perfect cracker in my book!


Salad + crackers...


As always, I concluded lunch with something sweet: Oatmeal Raisin Bar.

Just a quick suggestion, if you're thinking about making these Oatmeal Raisin Bars, please make them! They are delicious, filling, and traveled well to work today! This is a new baking favorite of mine! :)


My afternoon snack was a homemade orange-poppyseed muffin baked by one of my coworkers. She tried out a new recipe (orange vs. lemon flavoring) and wanted to test the final product on a few people. How nice of her! :) I'm a big fan of the orange-poppy combo!


My friend, Blain, treated me to a D&D iced coffee this afternoon. (I ordered a small with milk and sugar.) What a nice guy! Blain is actually the brains behind updating CNC, so you'll be hearing lots more about him soon!


My lunch and snack were a little on the light side today... well, calorie-wise maybe not. I can't really tell. I'm feeling like they were! Anyway, I am suppose to be saving some room so that I can enjoy Restaurant Week tonight! Mal and I and our neighbors have reservations at Gaslight in the South End. Gaslight has been on the top of my list for months now, and I am super psyched that we are finally going! Of course, I'll have a detailed review for you all later tonight!

14 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'll take an oatmeal-raisin bar and a muffin, please!! ;0)

Oooh, DEFINITELY enjoy Restaurant Week tonight!!!

Megan said...

I think I definately will be trying out your oatmeal-raisin bars! They look great :)

Anonymous said...

Gaslight looks wonderful! Is it owned by the same group who owns Balthazaar in NYC, by any chance? The websites look very similar, as do the menus. If so, you will definitely have a delicious dinner! I had the Balthazaar tuna nicose salad, and it was to die for!

Have fun :)

Lauren

PonderingRunningYogi said...

Hmmm, I just looked at the recipe for the oatmeal-raisin bars again and (surprise!) I have all the ingredients at home already! I may be making these soon! :D I love when I already have the ingredients necessary for recipes! Do you think they'd freeze well?

Houston Restaurant Week was this last week and it was delicious! Hope yours is tasty as well! :)

Anon said...

oatmeal-raisin bars look so yummy! i will definitely be baking these soon. i'm excited to see the updates for CnC! :)

Rose said...

Enjoy your dinner! Can't wait for the review. Love the name of that restaurant.

Danielle said...

Woohoo restaurant week! Can't wait to hear the review :)

P.S. You've gotten some great compliments and suggestions so far... and I totally agree with every last one. Your blog is by far one of my favorites! Queue the pat on the back Trina!

Anonymous said...

have fun tonight!


The organge poppy combo does sound good!

Samantha said...

Enjoy your dinner out, looking forward to hearing about it.

Beth said...

I SHOULD make oatmeal raisin bars tonight. But instead, I am making mini PB cup cookies (think a chocolate chip cookie base with mini PB cups swapped in for the chips!). Not quiiiiiiite as healthy, but....um....delish ;)

Anonymous said...

Mmm Fire Roasted Vegetable? I'm going to have to keep my eye out for that flavour variety.

I also can't wait to try your oatmeal raisin bar recipe! I've been craving some fresh baking for a little while now. Seems like the perfect thing to satisfy that craving.

Enjoy your restaurant week, sounds like fun!

Trying To Heal said...

i really want to try out your bars! they kinda look like honest food bars!!!

and i just wanted to tell you that i think your blog is great! i love the questions you ask at the end of your posts and your writing style rocks!!! you're doing a great job!

enjoy your dinner at the restaurant tonight!

Anonymous said...

Baked goods...
(drool) :-) Though your salad looks delicious, I love all the combos you come up with. And I've not seen the fire-roasted Kashi crackers yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out - almost anything Kashi is a good thing indeed. Enjoy Restaurant Week!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try the bars too! That's my favourite type of snack - something portable and yummy! I love the oatmeal raisin combo.

http://hareandtortoise.wordpress.com/