Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2 Inches Versus 2 Inches

So, I decided against bangs. Thanks for all of your opinions, but, despite being cute and stylish, bangs are a pain in the butt to grow out (if you don't like them or don't want them anymore). I remember growing out them out the last time I had them, and it took for-ever!

Anyway, my hair is a tad shorter than I had originally wanted it. Actually, it's quite a bit shorter, but I think I will eventually get used to it. There was some "miscommunication" between my hairdresser and me. I asked him to "trim-up" my hair, so when he asked, "about 2 inches?," I thought he meant 2 inches, not 4 inches! Oh well. It's just hair. It'll grow back, right? My new cut does look a lot healthier!


Dinner was delish this evening! I found a recipe in the September issue of Health magazine for Zucchini Fries. The recipe was super quick and easy to make-- it's perfect for busy work/school nights.

Zucchini Fries
From Health magazine, September 2008

Preheat oven to 425°. Cut 2 zucchini into 3-inch sticks. Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add 1⁄4 cup milk. Combine 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan and 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place zucchini on sheet. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 32 fries.

I ended up with leftover Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, so I decided to slice-up and coat a tomato as well. The tomato slices came out great too! I have a feeling that a variety of different veggies would work well with this recipe. I highly recommend it!


While I was covering and baking zucchini and tomato slices, Mal made ground turkey sliders (aka mini burgers). We ate them on Thomas Mini Square Whole Wheat Bagelbread with lettuce, tomato, and relish.


We finished up dinner by sharing a package of Godiva Chocoiste Caramel Bars in Dark Chocolate. Like all Godiva chocolate, these were to die for!!!


Mal and I have a hot date with last night's Hills episode! I love the drama! Night, all!

24 Comments:

Anonymous said...

love the cute, new 'do!!

enjoy the hills :)

Meg said...

I love the new haircut! The layers around your face are perfect and bring out your features!

Anonymous said...

cute hair! love some hills drama! ;)

Annie said...

You should try Panko bread crumbs next time, itll make them even crispier. And the new hair cut looks great, I just cut 7 inches so I know how the difference feels!

Anita said...

I think your haircut looks great! :)

Anon said...

LOVE THE NEW HAIRCUT! you look beautiful :) and the hills is definitely one of my fav shows haha

Anon said...

LOVE THE NEW HAIRCUT! you look beautiful :) and the hills is definitely one of my fav shows haha

Unknown said...

The new haircut looks great! I've tried something like that with zucchini before and it's great :)

Anonymous said...

wow that dinner looks AMAZING. esp. the breaded veggies.

and your new do is super cute!!

I adore the Hills. as visible on my blog.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING TINA!!

Rose said...

Your hair looks great! I know what you mean about hair taking forever to grow back. It's such a pain, especially if you're not crazy about it. Totally understandable!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! And the food does too of course!

http://sportsnutritionliving.wordpress.com

Trying To Heal said...

love the new haircut!!!

and were your fries crispy!?!? I tried doing that but they got all soggy... boohiss...I hope your recipe is better!!!

Kelly said...

Just me, I agree with annie that you should try panko bread crumbs as that will probably help with the sogginess. Ian's even makes whole wheat panko-style bread crumbs which I love.

Those veggies look delicious. The tomatoes remind me of an awesome recipe for fried green tomato blts from Cooking Light. Mmmm...I'll have to try that sometimes soon while tomatoes are still in season.

Love the new hair.

Anonymous said...

The hair cut looks great! And super healthy.

Love the looks of the zucchini fries. I have been meaning to give zucchini fries for a while. Maybe next zucchini purchase!

And The Hills is drama at its greatest. I wouldn't mind it being on every night.

Unknown said...

VERY cute haircut. I don't think it's too short at all. The zucchini looks great. I'd never thought of doing tomato but I bet it would be wonderful.

Katie said...

i just tried the zucchini fry recipe from Health the other day too--yum! I also used yellow squash which turned out just as good!

Caitlin said...

you haircut does look cute! i hate how hairdresser always cut more off than you want!

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut!!

And the new GREEN blog.

And the zucchini fries! I've been wanting to do that for a while now. Glad you liked 'em.

Samantha said...

Cute haircut! Those veggies look so good, what a great idea.

Tina said...

just me,

The outside was definitely crispy, but the inside was still a little soft, but not soggy.

Anonymous said...

I love your new do! Cute. :)

I love the Hill's as well but every week I always think, I waited a whole week for a mere 20 minutes. Boo.

Sarah said...

Don't they ALWAYS cut off more than you want? Seems that way, it must be difficult to get it exact.

I miss my long hair :-( I had it cut beginning of August and it's too too short. Seems forever to grow out. Ah well, it's just hair.

Protea said...

OMG Godiva..... as good as lindt to me. Reminded me of my trip to Brugge in Belgium where I had a genuine chocolate hangover. I was sick from eating so much chocolate! Do you know how many chocolate shops are in that place? One on every corner! Absolute heaven! LOL!
You hair looks great! Shiny and healthy! Do you also colour or is it your natural shade? Lovely!
x

Tina said...

Denise,

My hair color is a mix! I got some bad highlights last winter-- they were YELLOW! It did not look natural at all, so I colored my hair with a box of hair dye (from CVS). Some of the highlights have come through, but I haven't done anything to the color since then.