Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chocolate Chip Dates

Dinner tonight was not nearly as exciting as the new dessert that I discovered! I almost always want something sweet after dinner (and sometimes lunch), and tonight was no different. I put together a little bowl with 1 tbsp of chocolate chips and 4 pitted dates. Pitted dates obviously have an empty tunnel in them, which I decided to fill with chocolate chips. Viola, chocolate chip dates! The chocolate chips fit snugly inside the dates. My tip for eating: stuff a few chocolate chips in the date, bite it in half, then put a few more chocolate chips in the other half, and eat that half. Maximization of chocolate and date! Delish!


Pitted dates with chocolate chips inside...


Dinner was leftover meatloaf, brussels sprouts, 2 tbsp of salsa, and 4 oz. of Chardonnay. It was a good dinner, but it didn't come close to the chocolate chip dates! YUM! 


Meatloaf: ~275
Brussels sprouts: 50
Salsa: 15
Wine: 95
Dates: 60
Chocolate chips: 70
Dinner/Dessert total: 565

6 Comments:

Meighan said...

I love your blog. I am finishing coming thru a time when I became obsessed with calories and restriction so I love your healthy and happy approach to eating!
I saw your chocolate obession and peanut butter (me, too have to eat it DAILY!!) adn thought I;d mention Peanut Butter Co dark chocolate dreams.......GET IT NOW

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

brussels sprouts!! one of my obsessions!! :0D

Anonymous said...

wow, chocolate chip dates, that sounds amazing! I lived in Israel this summer and had dates ALL THE TIME! I adore them and absolutely love chocolate too, but I've never thought to put them together. Good idea, I'll definitely be trying that soon!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on your blog and you new dessert looks awesome! So clever! I'm going to have to try it.

One Food Guy said...

I love Brussels sprouts too! What's not to love about a cute little cabbage that transforms itself into a little ball of deliciousness when roasted in an oven!

Alicia said...

Oooh, those dates look really yummy! Now I want to eat them too. :)