Thursday, February 14, 2008

Christmas Cookies on Valentine's Day

The night was all about good eatin'!! After our sushi dinner and a bottle of wine, I baked some chocolate-dipped sugar cookies. I had a tin of Williams-Sonoma Sugar Cookie Mix, and thought tonight was a good night to test it out. (Mal's parents, who call me the "Cookie Monster," gave it to me for Christmas.) The cookies were very easy to make, and only called for two additional ingredients: eggs and 13 tbsp of butter! Yep, that's right... thirteen! After the cookies cooled, I dipped them in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and decorated them with colored sprinkles. (Obviously, these cookies are low in fat and calories!) I definitely surpassed my daily calorie intake, but I am going to bed happily satisfied. It's only Valentine's Day once a year, right?



4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look delicious!

Patricio said...

YUMMY!!! those look GREAT!!!!
Ok, you just got a fan of your blog. Awesome stuff and the pics make everything so real... now thanks to you I am hungry! :)
Patricio

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

cute cookies!! love the rainbow sprinkles :0)

Anonymous said...

Those look really good. Yum.