Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feeling Accomplished

I am so proud of myself! I made it to the gym this morning! Surprisingly, it was not that bad getting out of bed. I laid out all of my gym clothes last night, planned my work out, and even made a pre-workout snack for the morning. When my alarm went off, it was one of those "just do it" moments. I got dressed then ate a 1/2 rice cake with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. My workout was 30 minutes of free weights, followed by 60 minutes on the elipitical while reading Glamour.

I made my breakfast in the office today: a packet of plain instant oatmeal, 1/2 cup of diced strawberries, 1/3 cup of sliced almonds, and of course, a big mug of coffee. I neeeed the caffeine; I almost feel asleep on the T this morning! My mid-morning snack is a small apple.

5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

your oatmeal looks quite scrumptious - the addition of strawberries to oats is quite popular these days (especially since strawberries are FINALLY starting to "come around" in terms of flavor/appeal, this time of year); and that granny smith apple - yum! my favorite :0)

Allison said...

That is almost my morning schedule to a "t." If I don't plan everything the night before, I can find every excuse in the book to not go. Sometimes, it seriously comes down to the fact that my face wash is already packed in the gym bag to shower at the gym..so I might as well go!
I'm glad it worked out well for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison,

I totally hear ya! I can come up with a million different excuses! I actually put together some tips for morning workouts. http://carrotsandcake.blogspot.com/2008/02/morning-workouts.html

Please let me know if you have any others to add! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Veggiegirl,

Granny Smiths are my favorite too! When I was a kid, I used to eat one a day!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I still eat one each day, haha! :0D