Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Crazy Day Ahead!

My To Do list at work is a mile long today! I've managed to cross-off a few little things this morning, but the projects and tasks keep coming!

Breakfast was bulgar with sliced dates and a banana. The dates were wonderful in the bulgar-- sweet and chewy! Instead of adding 3/4 cup of water to my bulgar, I added 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 of hemp milk. The texture was a tad different, but the taste really wasn't. I might have to add more hemp milk next time.


Bulgar: 160
5 dates: 100
1/4 cup hemp milk: 35
Banana: 110
Coffee w/ H&H: 40
Breakfast total: 445

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina! I've never had bulgar- what's it like and what are it's benefits?

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm in love with bulgar! There's just something about it! It's kind of sweet, tastes a little nutty, but I think it's the texture that I like so much. It's pretty grainy, sort of chewy. Here is some nutritional info(from Wikipedia):

Bulgur is more nutritious than rice and couscous. Bulgur has a glycemic index of 46.

100 grams unprepared bulgur contains approximately:
* Energy: 1500 kJ (360 kcal)
* Dietary fiber: 8 g
* Protein: 12.5 g
* Carbohydrate: 69 g whereof 0.8 g sugars
* Fat: 1.75 g whereof 0.2 g saturated fat

Anonymous said...

P.S. I use a 1/4 cup of dry bulgar, which is just 160 calories, and really fills me up!