Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Working Lunch

I worked through lunch today, but I am planning a coffee break with a friend this afternoon, so at least I will get out of the office for a little while.

Today's lunch was half an almond butter sandwich, baby carrots, snap peas, and Fage Greek yogurt. The Fage was by far the "star" of my lunch! I mixed in 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin along with sliced almonds and chocolate chips. I thought the chocolate chips would sweeten-up the mixture, but it wasn't enough for me, so I ended up adding a packet of Splenda. The end result was AMAZING! It almost tasted like I was eating pumpkin almond chocolate chip ice cream! You will be seeing this creation again! :)


Fage-pumpkin-almond-chocolate-chip-creation... delish!


Whole wheat bread: 110
1 tbsp almond butter: 100
Fage: 80
1/4 cup pumpkin: 20
1/8 cup almonds: 80
1 tbsp chocolate chips: 70
Carrots: 50
Snap peas: 30
Lunch total: 540

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tina,

I live and work in Boston, and I love reading your blog to see the local restaurants etc. I love your creative meals, and I appreciate your passion for chocolate chips : ).

Thanks for livening up my work day!

Molly

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

almond-butter sandwiches = heavenly

Anonymous said...

FAGE! ive recently deemed it as my favorite food. hands down. tastes like heaven, feels like heaven in my belly =)

Anonymous said...

the yogurt looks delicious!!!

gc said...

I agree with Sarah... I recently tried Fage (like a week ago) and now I 'm hooked! The 2% is so creamy, but even the 0% mixed with some splenda is like eating a huge tub of cool whip! haha Have a great Tuesday Tina!

Sarah said...

I always forget about snacking on snow peas!! They make the perfect little snack/side to a sandwich...

The yogurt looks absolutely amazing!! Definately giving that lovely concoction a try the next time I pick up some fage...:)