Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Working Lunch

I worked through lunch today, but I am planning a coffee break with a friend this afternoon, so at least I will get out of the office for a little while.

Today's lunch was half an almond butter sandwich, baby carrots, snap peas, and Fage Greek yogurt. The Fage was by far the "star" of my lunch! I mixed in 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin along with sliced almonds and chocolate chips. I thought the chocolate chips would sweeten-up the mixture, but it wasn't enough for me, so I ended up adding a packet of Splenda. The end result was AMAZING! It almost tasted like I was eating pumpkin almond chocolate chip ice cream! You will be seeing this creation again! :)


Fage-pumpkin-almond-chocolate-chip-creation... delish!


Whole wheat bread: 110
1 tbsp almond butter: 100
Fage: 80
1/4 cup pumpkin: 20
1/8 cup almonds: 80
1 tbsp chocolate chips: 70
Carrots: 50
Snap peas: 30
Lunch total: 540

8 Comments:

Molly said...

Hi Tina,

I live and work in Boston, and I love reading your blog to see the local restaurants etc. I love your creative meals, and I appreciate your passion for chocolate chips : ).

Thanks for livening up my work day!

Molly

VeggieGirl said...

almond-butter sandwiches = heavenly

sarah said...

FAGE! ive recently deemed it as my favorite food. hands down. tastes like heaven, feels like heaven in my belly =)

Anonymous said...

the yogurt looks delicious!!!

Emma said...

I agree with Sarah... I recently tried Fage (like a week ago) and now I 'm hooked! The 2% is so creamy, but even the 0% mixed with some splenda is like eating a huge tub of cool whip! haha Have a great Tuesday Tina!

Sarah said...

I always forget about snacking on snow peas!! They make the perfect little snack/side to a sandwich...

The yogurt looks absolutely amazing!! Definately giving that lovely concoction a try the next time I pick up some fage...:)

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop