Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gray Day

It's a rainy, gray day here in Boston, and it was very difficult getting out of my warm, comfortable bed this morning. Miraculously, I made it to the gym and did 45 minutes of free weights. I chose to have oatmeal for breakfast, but unfortunately, it does not photograph very well. (I swear it tasted better than it looks!) I added 1/2 cup of frozen berries, 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites, and a 1/4 cup of almonds, then nuked it all in the microwave for 2 minutes. I added a glass of non-fat milk for some extra calcium and protein. Right now, I am enjoying a cup of hazelnut coffee (not pictured) at my desk, and it's time to get to work!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

hi tina!! I'm really glad I found your blog, looks like another fun addition to my foodie-blog list! thanks

and Boston College--I'm applying right now to transfer in as a sophomore, fingers crossed!

One Food Guy said...

Egg whites in oatmeal, that's something I've never heard of, how is it? How does it affect the outmeal?