Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away!

It is STILL raining, and unfortunately for me, I have errands to run this afternoon. I guess I am going to have to suck-it-up, huh? The morning flew by, and at exactly noon, my stomach let me know it was time for lunch. Today's lunch is half of a ham and swiss sandwich on whole wheat bread (notice the end piece), carrots (sadly, no cake), and a chocolate chip Fiber One Bar.

Mini Review: Taste-wise: Fiber One bars are sweet, chocolatey, and a little chewy, almost like eating a candy bar. Nutrition-wise: They are relatively low in calories and high in fiber, but when you read the ingredient list, they contain high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated coconut oil. (Ewwww!) I'm glad that I tried these, but given the ingredients, I probably won't buy them again. While they are VERY tasty, I think there are better ways to add fiber to my diet.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your wedding website and it is so cute, you guys look so happy and I am sure the wedding will be great.
I live in NY and I too love running and I am currently in grad school for nutrition so i enjoy your blog!