Friday, February 15, 2008

Half Day

I woke up bright and early to workout and burned off some of those Valentine's Day wine and cookie calories. I did a 15 minute shoulder workout then 40 minutes on the elliptical. I have a half day at work today, so I might try to fit in the rest of my strength training workout this afternoon.

Mal and I are traveling to our hometown (about an hour away) to have dinner with his parents tonight. I am super excited about the restaurant where we have reservations; it's one of my absolute favorites! Gibbet Hill serves traditional New England food in a restored, century-old barn on a working farm. The place is gorgeous inside and out, and all of the tables have a beautiful view of the farm. Here are some photos of the view and inside the restaurant. Check out the "Silo Room." The food is delicious as well! I can't wait!

Breakfast today is Fage greek yogurt, fresh fruit, 1/4 cup of trail mix, an Adora disk, and coffee. Yesterday's meals were lacking in calcium and fruit, so I decided to step-it-up first thing this morning.

9 Comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you had a very nice Valentines Day. Wine sounds good. What is an adora disk?

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,

An Adora disk is a chocolate calcium supplement that provides about 50% of your daily requirements. They are delicious and actually taste like chocolate. Here's a link to their site: http://adoracalcium.com/. You can order them online, but they are also sold at Whole Foods and Walgreen's (surprisingly).

One Food Guy said...

Hi Tina, Gibbett Hill looks so cool! I love Farm Town, USA.

Anonymous said...

Wow Gibbett Hill looks amazing!! Jealous :)

Anonymous said...

i saw that wine yesterday and i loved the description, too! now i will have to try it. i always fall back on one called "pomelo"-its $13 and has strong notes of grapefruit--soooo good :) and fage is EASILY my fave food ever. hands down :) happy friday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
I am new to your blog and as a fellow Bostonian I love seeing where you go to eat because it gives me great ideas! Enjoy your day and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I love your blog - I found it through katheats. And I am actually from Groton, MA! I had lots of good times in Littleton growing up, and used to work at Ken's restaurant there. I live in NYC now but every time I go home I try to find someone to take me to Gibbet Hill... yum! Have fun! Keep up the great posting.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good time at Gibbet Hill. I'm jealous! As a transplanted New Englander, I would give anything for food like that right now.

Anonymous said...

I finally tried the fage yogurt today...so strong! I had to drizzle some honey over the top and sprinkle in some pecans. Do you eat it straight? Nice looking blog.