Sunday, February 17, 2008

The King and I

Mal and I went to dinner with a friend tonight at The King and I, a Thai restaurant in Beacon Hill. To start, the three of us shared an order of pan-fried pork dumplings that were served with a sour soy sauce. (The photo below doesn't look very appetizing, but the dumpling was especially tasty dipped into the sour soy sauce.) For an entree, I ordered the Crystal Noodles Salad: "Glass noodles tossed in a tangy sauce with shrimp, chicken, onions, ginger, bean sprouts, and ground peanuts," which was served on a bed of lettuce. I loved the texture of the thin, delicate glass noodles; they were very different from anything I have ever tried. The portion served to me was enormous! I ate about a 1/3 of it and took the rest to go. (I'm already excited about the leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!) I also had a glass of chardonnay with dinner. 

The dumpling...


We had an early dinner tonight, so around 9:00, I ate a snack: 1/2 cup of hemp milk and 2 cookies. 

P.S. Mal booked our honeymoon tonight!!! I still don't know where we are going, but he showed me photos of the resort-- it is beautiful! And the best part: there is a 25,000 square foot spa! I can't wait! 

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh to be young again and planning a honeymoon! Such a fun time in life! Thanks for the photo of the yoga bread.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

what a fun event to plan!!

cookies & hempmilk = match made in heaven :0)

Anonymous said...

Thai food is so wonderful

And it's incredibly exciting to be planning your honeymoon!

One Food Guy said...

When I read the title to this post I thought you were going to see the play! :)