Thursday, February 28, 2008

Liberte and Tazo

For my afternoon snack, I tried a new type of yogurt: Liberte Yogourt Six Grains. It is pear-flavored yogurt (Liberte spells it "yogourt") made with buckwheat, rice, barley, wheat, rye and oats. It's very yummy and tastes like regular yogurt. Nutritionally, I think there are better options, but it's a decent snack, especially if you're looking for something new and different: 160 calories, 3 g fat (2 g sat), 1 g fiber, 8 g protein, 4% A, C, iron, 25% calcium. I added a 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch mixed with some almond slices and made a mug of Tazo "Refresh."

Right after work, I'm off to "Thirsty Thursday" with some friends, one of which is visiting from California. The night starts with free wine and cheese-- let's hope I behave!


Liberte yogourt: 160
Kashi: 100
1/8 cup sliced almonds: 70
Snack total: 330

4 Comments:

Allison said...

Ha ha, "Thirsty Thursday" I haven't thought about that since college!

Anonymous said...

Ah, gotta love Thirsty Thursday. Enjoy!

And that yogurt sounds delicious

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

pear-flavored?? intriguing!! I've never heard of pear-flavored anything, haha - I've only eaten actual pears :0)

Have fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

I think Boston has all the cool products! I am jealous! :)

Kay