Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mix and Match Lunch

I dug into my lunch around 11 this morning. I guess all that protein in my smoothie didn't do the trick! I sliced up my apple and ate it with a scoop of peanut butter, while finishing my coffee. For lunch, I have Kashi TLC crackers, cottage cheese, and an Adora disk. I have a jar of peanut butter that I keep in the office (I heart PB!), so I will probably eat my crackers with another spoonful.

I'm making one of Jenna's recipes tonight, so I am off to the grocery store to pick up a few items. On tonight's menu is her Turkey Walnut Loaf. It sounds so good! (I was going to link to her recipe, but it doesn't seem to be online anymore. Hmmm...)

3 Comments:

brockey said...

I made this...Loved it. Jenna did loose some of her files

brockey said...

Turkey-Walnut Loaf
Makes 6 slices
1 lb ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 rib celery, chopped fine
1 carrot, shredded
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
1 egg
1tsp dried thyme
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup diced tomatoes in juice
2 bay leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Toast the walnuts for
about 5 minutes or so until they start to smell all
toasty and good. Let cool.
2. When the walnuts are cool, grind them in a food
processor (or blender) until finely ground. Set aside.
3. Combine the turkey, onion, carrot, celery and
parsley in a mixing bowl. Add the ground nuts, egg,
thyme, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Pack mixture tightly into a greased loaf pan and
top with 2 bay leaves. Pour the tomatoes over the top.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until the meatloaf starts to
pull away from the pan. Let cool for about 20 minutes
before eating and don’t forget to remove the bay
leaves!
224 calories/slice

Anonymous said...

Thank you, brockey!!!