Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Super Smoothies

My diet was lacking protein yesterday, so I started today with a protein-packed smoothie. Because of the weather, Mal had a two-hour school delay this morning, so I offered to make him one as well. (Usually, he is already at school by the time I wake up or get back from the gym.)

Today's smoothie: 100% whey protein powder (20 grams of protein!), 1 banana, 1/3 cup of strawberries, 2 Light & Fit yogurts, and lots of ice. I decided to drink mine at home because I knew as soon as I went outside, I wouldn't want to drink it. It's freeeezing today!


Here's a photo of the smoothie ingredients, although I didn't end up using both bananas or the milk. My first combination seemed to work, so I didn't add anything else.

With my smoothie, I had a piece of toast with 1 tbsp of chunky peanut butter.

3 Comments:

Jenn said...

The smoothie and toast look like a yummy way to start the day.
If you don't mind my asking, how long does a breakfast like that keep you full?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I ate around 7:30 this morning, and the toast and smoothie held me over until about 11. I just ate a small apple with peanut butter, and I am looking forward to lunch! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

you should definitely try smoothies with hemp-protein powder - yum!! :0)