Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shrimp Scampi

Dinner tonight was more pasta, but this time, it wasn't covered in marinara sauce and reheated a million times! I found a recipe on epicurious for Shrimp Scampi Pasta that sounded delicious and easy to make. The only change that I made to the recipe was the amount of garlic. Mal and I are both huge garlic lovers, so instead of 4 cloves, I added 7! I'm happy to say that the dish came out came out great. In addition, we had some brussels spouts and soda water with lemon.

I think Mal is booking our honeymoon tonight. (He's being all secretive with his phone calls.) He took charge of planning the honeymoon months ago, and refuses to tell me where we are going. My only requests for the trip were tropical with ocean views and a SPA! I love surprises, but at the same time, I am dying to know! More news soon!


Up close and personal with my dinner...

My snack from this afternoon: Strawberry Light & Fit yogurt with 3/4 cup of All Bran cereal.


5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Dinner looks great, I love garlic too. Just wondering, how do you prepare your brussel sprouts. Ive never found a way that I like them, but want to give it another shot. Thanks!

Unknown said...

wow that looks delicious! mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

I've actually been eating the Bird's Eye Steamfresh Vegetables. Their single packs take 60 seconds in the mircowave and they taste really good.

Allison said...

on a non food topic--How fun about your honeymoon!
I was on mine a year ago this week, and I've been reminiscing. We went to Puerto Villarta and had a blast...I'm sure yours will be great!

Jenn said...

Dinner does look really good.
In regards to your honeymoon, how exciting!! Matt suggested that we go to Vegas on ours. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet - but somewhere warm and tropical sounds lovely.