Monday, February 25, 2008

Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancake

I don't think I slept at all last night! It was one of those nights that you wake up practically every hour and then fall right back to sleep. When my alarm went off at 5:45, I was pretty much awake, which made getting out of bed not so bad. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, while catching up with my celebrity gossip in US Weekly, followed by 10 minutes of abs. It was a decent workout despite not getting much quality sleep. I think it will catch-up with me later today though-- I briefly dosed-off on the T this morning, which I hate doing. Ugh.

Breakfast was an oatmeal pancake with pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Yum! I added about 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin, which really plumped-up the pancake for just 20 additional calories. I had planned to eat an apple as well, but I was full from the pancake. I took the apple with me to work, and will probably eat it later today.


My boss baked some cranberry bread for the office, so I had a piece with my mug of "Dark Magic" coffee. (That name cracks me up for some reason. It's so dramatic!)


Oatmeal pancake: 150
1/4 cup pumpkin: 20
1/8 cup sugar-free maple syrup: 15
Coffee with H&H: 40
Cranberry bread X 2: ~300
Breakfast total: 525

Olive Oil Cake: ~125
Pre-workout snack total: 125

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! First comment but I've been reading your blog for a little while now. Thank you for doing a great job!!

I made the Olive Oil cake but as cupcakes and they turned out good too!

Kay

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

That is SUCH a good idea! They are so delicious; it's hard to have just one slice. The cupcake idea is perfect! Have one then cut myself off! :)

gc said...

Haha Tina...i couldnt sleep at all last night either!! It was so frustrating. Anyways your pumpkin pancake sounds really tasty! I used to make banana pancake/waffles on a belgian waffle maker almost every morning. Unfortunately the waffle maker is no longer available to me...ill have to try pumpkin though!

healthy ashley said...

I love the pumpkin idea in the pancakes! But can you share your oatmeal pancake recipe? Every time I make mine it ends up being about 300 calories. I use 1/2 cup of oats, banana and an egg white. But share yours!