Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cleaning Out the Fridge

Tonight's dinner was another "refrigerator salad." We had a bunch of random veggies that were about to spoil, so I threw them all together. In my salad: greens, cantaloupe, tomatoes, green peppers, roasted red peppers, olives, jalapenos, and guacamole. Surprisingly, it hit the spot and was exactly what I was craving. Sometimes my body just wants nutritious foods, especially since I hadn't eaten much fresh produce all day. After dinner, I had another slice of that delicious Olive Oil Cake-- this time is was a big piece! 



1/2 cup cantaloup: 30
1 tbsp guacamole: 25
Veggies: ~150
Olive Oil Cake: 310
Dinner total: 515

3 Comments:

healthy ashley said...

I just might have to try that Olive Oil cake. It looks good!

I love coming to your blog. For some reason, you remind me of myself (or where I've been and want to be again). I love your sense of balance and view of health. Thanks for blogging-- it's inspiration!

Thistlemoon said...

I love salads like this. Never would have thought of cantaloupe with jalapeƱos though!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

there's nothing more beautiful than a bowl of colorful, mixed vegetables/salad - yum!