Sunday, February 24, 2008

Studying, Snacks & Tea

My afternoon was full of studying, snacks, and "Mint Magic" tea. I was wrong about not being hungry before dinner. About an hour after my huge breakfast, I made some tea and ate an Adora disk. (I've been low in the calcium department lately.) 


A little while later, my stomach started to grumble. I have no idea how or why after that enormous breakfast, but I made a fresh cup of tea and had 1/8 cup of walnuts and 3 dates.



After 3 hours of studying, I decided to bake some Olive Oil Cake from the Vegetarian Times Cooks Mediterranean Cookbook. (I found this recipe on Jenna's blog: Eat, Live, Run.) The recipe called for white flour, but I substituted whole wheat flour, which came out great! It smelled so wonderful when it came out of the oven; of course, I had to try a piece! I ended up have a second piece a couple minutes later! Mal loved the Olive Oil Cake too. In fact, we have already eaten half the loaf! I highly recommend this recipe. It's absolutely scrumptious! 


My first piece of Olive Oil Cake...


1/8 cup walnuts: 80
3 dates: 65
2 pieces OOC: 310 
Snacks total: 455

5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oooh, the olive oil cake looks lovely!

gc said...

so many people have given this olive oil cake such rave reviews! i may just have to bake my own! how many calories for the whole loaf?

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,

According to the recipe, it makes 8 slices, which are about 310 calories each. It looks like the loaf makes a lot more slices than 8, probably about double that. The whole loaf is approximately 2,480 calories. It really is delicious!

arielle said...

Good to know you can do it with whole wheat flour...might be my next experiment!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make the cake with whole wheat flour also. I'm glad it came out so well for you! I'm going to have to give it a try!