Saturday, February 2, 2008

Reader Tips for Avoiding Office Temptations

  • Chew gum or pop in a peppermint
  • Bring a bottle of water/cup of tea with you to meetings where there will be temptations
  • Bring my own healthy snacks
  • Go take a walk
  • Stay as FAR away as possible from the table with the food (out of sight, out of mind!!)
  • Plan an afternoon snack
  • Lots of water!
  • Allow myself any treat once or twice a week, followed by a nice walk
  • Splurge at a fun party or for someone's birthday when everyone is together enjoying a treat... eating alone at my desk is not really worth it!
  • Drink some hot tea
  • Make [the treat] absolutely worth it!
  • It helps to think that swimsuit season is coming up, and 5 minutes of pleasure from a cookie will not be as sweet as looking hot in my bikini!
  • Resist unless the office treat is something special. For example, Friday donuts aren't special because I can have those anytime, but homemade scones are worth indulging in!
Let me know if you have additional tips for avoiding office treats, and I will add them to this list.

0 Comments: