Saturday, February 2, 2008

Healthy Good Things

You guys responded with a number of great things that help keep you healthy and contribute to your wellness. Just wanted to share some of my favorites...

  • Variety in my morning meals, always keeping my tastebuds happy, which means less "searching for something tasty" in the afternoon.
  • A daily salad or chopped raw veggies to keep my snack tooth happy, and filling me up without weighing me down.
  • Peanut butter...I need the extra fat and calories, and this guy always manages to make it his personal duty! (Love this one!)
  • Keep junk food out of the house.
  • Eat breakfast as soon as I wake up.
  • Plan my meals to ensure they are balanced, and so I never feel hungry.
  • Eating as many whole grains, organic and raw foods as possible! (Love it!)
  • Snacking a lot in the afternoon! I have a bigger snack around 2:30 and another around 4, so when I get home, I'm feeling good about going to work out. I used to get home starving and talk myself out of it, so I could have dinner!
  • Dark Chocolate - So rich I only need a little
  • Small Bowls - keeps my ice cream to the appropriate serving size
  • Hummus - not a huge meat-eater so it allows me to get that extra protein
  • Exercising on a regular basis. I find if I don't, I am more likely to eat "crap" food.
  • Always keeping Kashi granola bars, nuts or a piece of fruit in my purse for emergencies.
  • Having a treat (or 2) everyday! I love sweets! (Right on!)
Feel free to add other healthy good things to the list! I love the exchange of ideas to better ourselves!

0 Comments: