Friday, February 29, 2008

Terrific Turkey Tacos

Our friends were happy with our decision to have make-your-own tacos for dinner tonight. We used ground turkey and taco seasoning for the meat and had a variety of toppings: black beans, taco cheese, tomatoes, red onions, salsa, sour cream, red cabbage, and Tabasco sauce. I added everything to my taco, except for the sour cream. We used the Mission Restaurant-Style soft tacos, which I wouldn't recommend-- they tasted okay, but fell apart and were not very nutritious. Minus the sub-par soft shell, my taco was delicious! I just ended up eating most of it with a fork. :) 



I also had a glass of wine with dinner. Only one drink for me tonight! 


I finished off dinner with two Nature's Promise chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, they had quite a bit of saturated fat (3.5 g), but they were very tasty! 


Tomorrow is a big gym day! I have been overindulging lately and not exercising. I need to get myself back on track! 

Soft taco: 140
2 oz ground turkey: 75
2 tbsp salsa: 15
Veggies: ~50
1/8 black beans: 50
3.5 oz wine: 85
2 cookies: 120
Dinner total: 535

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I just got the same cookies. But I didn't even look at the sat. fat. Eeks.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, I like the alliteration in your blog post title :0)

Oooh, those cookies look like the PERFECT way to end a delicious meal - yum!

Happy Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Those friends you hung out with Friday night must have been really cool if you were hanging out with them.