Saturday, March 15, 2008

Breakfast 1, Breakfast 2

Even after chowing-down last night, I somehow woke up starving this morning. After dinner (and 3 glasses of wine), I finished off the bag of Stacy's Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips (oops!), so I mentally scheduled a good workout first thing this morning. My pre-workout snack was a free sample of Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal that I received in the mail. (I love free stuff!) This cereal was way too sweet... even for me, and I love sweet stuff! It tasted more like dessert than a breakfast cereal. I ate the whole bowl, but I doubt I'd ever buy this stuff. Eww, not a fan...


This tiny sample had 180 calories in it-- what a calorie rip-off! At least it was enriched with lots of vitamins and minerals. 


After running 5 miles on the treadmill and stretching, I ate a second breakfast: Ezekiel bread with peanut butter, apple slices, and a very strong iced coffee. I definitely added too many coffee grinds to this batch! At least you can water down strong coffee... weak coffee is the worst! 


All together...



I'm off to a baby shower this afternoon-- my first close friend is having a baby, which still kind of blows my mind. In college, we used to be crazy together, and now she is going to be a mom in a few weeks! I'm so excited for her daughter to finally arrive! (Yep, they found out the baby's sex... my friend already has some really cute names in mind!) 


Fiber One cereal: 180
1/2 cup milk: 40
Apple: 100
Ezekiel bread: 80
1 tbsp PB: 90
Iced coffee w/ 1 cup milk: 80
Breakfast grand total: 570

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha - Love the "calorie rip-off expression." I got the same sample and after taking a look at the Ingredients and 180 calories for that tiny box it went in the husband's work bag. Have a nice Saturday - stay warm!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I avoid FiberOne products - they're so artificial! Sorry that you had to endure the overly-sweet cereal :0( At least your Ezekiel toast and apple were delicious! :0)

Have fun at the baby shower, and have a lovely Saturday!

Sarah said...

I tried the same cereal before, and didn't like it either!! It was way too sugary...I think it tasted a lot like cinnamon toast crunch.

Have fun at the baby shower! :)

Melanie said...

I got the same sample and had it today too! And I completely agree with what you said...it's like a sugar coma in a box!

Anonymous said...

Yeah i just tried it in my yogurt and fruit (fiber one sample) and was SOO glad i didn't buy 2 boxes because they were on sale! it tasted too sweet, like cinnamon toast crunch, i guess. I like the regular kind.