Friday, March 14, 2008

Sesame-Soy Chicken

Especially after a long week, I love staying in on Friday nights... cooking, relaxing, drinking wine, hanging with Mal. It has been the perfect night so far! 

For dinner tonight, Mal and I teamed-up to make Sesame-Soy Chicken with brown rice and brussels spouts. We have never made this chicken recipe, but I am so glad that we gave it a try. The marinade was so simple to make, and tasted wonderful on the chicken, rice, and brussels sprouts. I'm just bummed that we didn't make more! 

Sesame-Soy Chicken

2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 scallions, thinly sliced 
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 4 oz chicken breasts
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 cup water

1. In a small bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients. Pour into a large zip-top plastic bag, add chicken breasts, and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Remove chicken from bag, and pat dry. Reserve excess marinade.

2. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown on one side. Turn chicken, pour in marinade and water. Cover pan, lower heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Plate chicken, and spoon sauce over it. 

Per serving: 315 calories; 16 g fat (3 g saturated); 1,590 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g fiber; 31 g protein. 


Starting at about 6:00, I started to drink big glasses of wine... and I finally quit after my third glass! After all that wine and the week I have had, I am READY for bed!!!


4 Comments:

Sharona May said...

I agree with the staying home on Friday. I would much rather go out on Saturday than Friday.

Your chicken looks good. Hope you had a great night.

Sharona May

healthy ashley said...

I'm enjoying a relaxing night at home too! I haven't rested all week- now I get to catch up!

I am a sucker for Sesame-anything! I might have to try your sauce recipe. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

That chicken looks so good!

Anonymous said...

this looks and sounds so healthy, compared to what my initial perceptions of sesame chicken are (greasy chinese food!)... yum!