Friday, March 14, 2008

How is it ONLY 3:00?

The insanity at work has finally ceased... well, at least for today. I have a few things to finish up before I leave, but nothing that absolutely has to be done, which is a relief, especially with the way this week has been!

I worked through lunch again today, but I planned to get out of the office later in the afternoon. Lunch (at my desk) was a ham and swiss cheese sandwich on Ezekiel bread with cucumbers slices. I haven't eaten a sandwich with cucumbers inside since summertime! (How sad!) It was a nice change from the usual H&S sandwich.


Ariel view with Refresh mint tea...


Also included in my lunch: Fage Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin and chocolate chips... mixed with a 1/2 packet of Stevia.


After finishing some "urgent" tasks, I finally left the office to run a couple of errands. My first stop was the grocery store to pick up a few items for tonight's dinner (photo below). I also stopped by the ATM for dinero and the post office for stamps. My errands took no time at all, so I decided to pop into JP Licks for a soy misto. I ordered my misto and still had some time to kill, so I decided to relax in one of the comfy chairs at JP Licks and read Eat, Pray, Love until it was time to go back to the office. It was so nice sitting, reading, and de-stressing. Man, I really need it!


Here's my Baggu bag getting some use...

At the grocery store, I purchased some scallions, wheat germ, reduced-sodium soy sauce, ground ginger, and rice milk.

12 Comments:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

I am doing the countdown until I get to go home, grab my bag and head to the airport to go see my bf in Philly...

I can't believe I still have 45 minutes before I get to leave ahhh!!!!!!!

Happy Friday!

-RhodeyGirl

Anonymous said...

you're not the only one who can't believe it's only 3 (well, now it's 3:30...not much better). i think this is the slowest day EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh yummy :-) your sandwich definitely reminds me of tea sandwhiches too :) hope your day goes by faster!

Anonymous said...

I love wheat germ!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

yeah, today DEFINITELY went by slow - I swear that every time I looked at my watch during my last class today, only half a minute would pass, haha. hang in there!! it will be the weekend for you, before you know it :0)

healthy ashley said...

Mmm.. tea sandwiches!

Your treats look yummy. What are you making for dinner?!

Anonymous said...

BOOOO, its only 2:30 here in san diego--its 5:30 where you are by now :( i mean, its happy hour somewhere, right?! i think this time change is killing everybody!

Anonymous said...

Do you think it would be okay to freeze the olive oil muffins?

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina and Everyone!

I have a Q about pumpkin- I adore it but it makes me extremely gassy. Does this happen to anyone else?

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

Alex,

I haven't tried freezing olive oil muffins, but I think you totally could. Mal and I usually eat a whole batch within a week, but I think it's a great idea to freeze them, especially for mornings workouts or a quick snack.

Lisa,

Pumpkin specifically doesn't make me gassy (beans are a different story!), but it's definitely possible since it has a good amount of fiber in it.

Everyone,

I survived Friday afternoon! So happy to be home and drinking WINE! :)

Erin said...

That yogurt looks SO good!

Anonymous said...

The real question is HOW did you go to JP Licks and get a coffee and no ice cream!?! I am SO impressed. Seriously their coffee oreo ice cream might be my greatest weakness in life. mmm.

Also, I wanted to say thanks for introducing me to the Adora calcium disks. I picked some up at Whole Foods today and they're great! It's the perfect way to end a meal. Have a great weekend : )