Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Meeting-Packed Morning

Sorry for the late post-- my morning has been jam-packed with meeting after meeting after meeting! I finally just sat down at my desk. I have a gazillion emails in my inbox, so this post is going to be quick and to the point!

I had a great workout this morning! It wasn't difficult getting out of bed (I think the warmer weather helps), and I had some extra energy to fuel me through my workout. I did 30 minutes of shoulder exercises, followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was feeling pretty jazzed, so I was able to pick up the pace this morning!

My photos are backwards, so I'll start with lunch, which I am about to eat. Lunch is a ham and swiss sandwich on Ezekiel bread with some leftover veggie-bean salad and 5 chocolate dipped apricots (can't wait to eat those!)


2 slices Ezekiel bread: 160
Deli ham: 50
Swiss: 100
Veggie-bean salad: ~150
5 chocolate-dipped apricots: ~300 (jeez, those apricots add up!)
Lunch total: 760

Breakfast was the best batch of bulgar I have ever made! I mixed in dates, almonds, and some sugar-free maple syrup. It was the tastiest bowl yet!!! I also sliced-up a kiwi, which I took an extra photo of because it looked so incredibly fresh and delicious!


All together...


1/4 cup bulgar: 160
1/8 cup sliced almonds: 70
5 dates: 120
1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup: 30
1 kiwi: 50
Coffee w/ H&H: 40
Breakfast total: 470

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

your kiwi is so vibrant! I had one at lunch, love me my superfoods!

Your lunch looks delish! enjoy the apricots, I'm on the way to make my own soon, sooo good!

Anonymous said...

How do you calculate the calories of the apricots. That just seemed awfully high for 5 apricots with just a little chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I based the calorie estimate on 2 things: (1) my own guess (40 calories per apricot w/ approx. 20 calories of chocolate) and, (2) the following recipe, minus the chopped pistachios: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Dipped-Apricots/Detail.aspx

It seems kind of high, but I think it's a good estimate.

Anonymous said...

Mmm that Kiwi does look too good to eat ~ I am sad I used up my last Kiwi yesterday!