Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sleeping In

No gym for me this morning. My alarm went off at 5:30, and as soon as I rolled over to shut it off, I felt extreme soreness... but it was a good soreness, like I had a really great chest and triceps workout yesterday, which I did! Sleeping in was so enjoyable this morning! We recently received new bed sheets as a wedding gift (from our registry). (I kind of feel weird getting gifts before we are married. It seems like we don't "deserve" them until we actually tie the knot!) Anyway, the sheets were especially comfy and soft in the early hours of the morning.

Breakfast was oat bran with hemp milk, dates, and almond slices. As always, delish!



1/3 cup dry oat bran: 100
2/3 cup hemp milk: 85
7 dates: 150
1/8 cup sliced almonds: 70
Rice milk misto: 100
Breakfast total: 505

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that feeling of soreness in my muscles, it's like a reminder that I was good to my body. =)

Anonymous said...

yay for sleeping in and enjoying that pre-wedding gift!!!

your oat bran looks so moist... i still have to try this stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina, wanted to see what type of lunch meat and cheese do you use for your sandwiches? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Mal is the deli guy, so he decides what we get. (I'm too impatient to wait in line at the deli!) He usually picks Boars Head ham or honey ham-- I am a big fan of both! My favorite deli cheeses are Jarlsberg, Swiss, and Provolone.