Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry that I have been MIA all day. I had a morning meeting, followed by a long office lunch, then played catch-up all afternoon, so I wasn't able to fit in a mid-day post.

After my commute home, I was still jazzed from the day and had a ton of energy! I already exercised this morning, but decided to go for a quick run on the treadmill. I was in the mood for running and upbeat music! I did a quick 4 miles on the treadmill. It felt great!

While I was running, Mal, being the wonderful guy that he is, offered to pick up some groceries for us. He asked me what I wanted him to buy, so I suggested a few things, but told him to just "surprise" me. He came back from shopping with 2 bags fulls of nutritious food... nothing junky! Love him! I think that my healthy eating habits are finally starting to rub-off on him!

Dinner tonight was stuffed grape leaves with a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and black beans.


Stuffed grape leaves up close... yum! Mal and I are going to try to make these from scratch some day soon.


All together...


Dessert was a slice of Pumpkin Maple Carob Chip Bread. I'm glad that I put sooooo many carob chips in this batch. Delicious!


Here's a shot of Mal's grocery shopping. He bought all of my favorites; he's the best!


I didn't take any photos during our office lunch today. We were "talking shop" and there just wasn't an appropriate time to take photos and explain my blog. Our group ended up splitting a bunch of different dishes, so I tried a little of everything. Lunch was at my favorite Thai restaurant ever: The Brown Sugar Cafe. Everything on the menu is wonderful! Mal and I used to go here all the time when he was working on his Master's at BU (Boston University) right down the street. If you live in Boston (or near Boston), you need to try Brown Sugar!


13 Comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

I see you keep posting pictures with the stuffed grape leaves. What is exactly in them?
Yay for healthy habits rubbing off!! :D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my, those stuffed grape leaves and the sweetbread (CAROB!! haha, love it) look divine; and that looks/sounds like a great lunch spot!

Anonymous said...

I lOVE Brown Sugar-walked past it today and craved it/but was in a rush. :)-Kim

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog.. great job! I LOVE dolmades by the way!! They taste great from scratch, but when you're in a pinch, CostCo sells some really good ones!

I'm going to be moving to Boston next year so all your restaurant bits are priceless to me! I was out there in January and I already experienced the goodness of JP Licks.. I have a feeling that's going to be a staple in my diet!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm dolmades....so good and good for you! Try your hardest to get authentic greek ones, nothing else compares!

I guess there is truth in modeling healthy habits, people are more likely to pick up on them than if you nag!

Melanie said...

mm everything looks great! i am such a sucker for dried fruits.
my grandma makes stuffed grape leaves and they're not hard at all! you just need to pick up some jarred pickled grape leaves (you can find em at any grocery store)- the stuffing is the best part!

Anonymous said...

Those stuffed grapes leaves look so good! I've never tried it before. And hurray for nutritious food!! =)

Jill said...

Hmmm, did you go running and a hard morning work-out? Would that be considered 'too much?' Sometimes I do the first and want to go running, but don't want to overdo it and am never sure.

Anonymous said...

Living to Feel Good,

Here's a description of the grape leaves, also known as Dolmades:

"Dolmades are delicate parcels made from grape leaves (also known as vine leaves) stuffed with long-grain rice, toasted pine nuts, fresh herbs and seasonings. Dolmades can be served as part of a meze platter or salad plate, eaten as finger food or simply enjoyed as a tasty snack."

They are so tasty!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good food day! I am jealous of your run, it sounds great. I will be starting running up again on Thursday, after my bout with the flu :-)

Unknown said...

I ate at brown sugar for dinner last night. A-Mazing.

Anonymous said...

I am not trying to be rude, but is this all you ate today after going to the gym twice? I know you eat more on other days and are very healthy minded (if that's a phrase), but do you think you had enough fuel for those two cardio sessions?

tsuzporter said...

watch out for those steamfresh veggies! I went to dish up one of those singe sized packets and a green, rolly-polly bug came out EEEEWE! It was the same color as the peas...so I wonder, are the peas died?