Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brisk, Sunny Morning

What a lovely morning in Boston today! It's bright and sunny, and the birds are chirping. It's still freezing, but at least the skies aren't dark and depressing. Days like this always put me in a good mood... they also make me want to drink iced coffee! :)

I ate a big breakfast this morning! I woke up hungry and had a pretty tough workout, so by the time I showered and got ready for work, I wanted to EAT! I had oat bran with brown sugar, a piece of pumpkin bread, and a bunch of grapes. I'm drinking a rice milk misto with Stevia at my desk now. Breakfast was a nice combination of foods this morning, and I'm stuffed!

Oat bran with brown sugar... the brown sugar really sweetened up the oat bran! So yummy!


Pumpkin bread with grapes...


All together from above...


Sorry such a brief post and no calorie count today. I have a meeting at 10 that I need to quickly prepare for. See you this afternoon!

10 Comments:

Unknown said...

Now I regret not buying grapes yesterday. Those look great! I hope your day continues to be just as bright and shiny as it is outside ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Grapes are delicious, I got some juicy red ones yesterday and couldn't resist last night.

arielle said...

It's sunny in NY, too, and I was already thinking about iced coffee this morning! I don't have the patience to make my own, but I might have to venture out at some point...

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for Zucchini Bread?

Emily Marie said...

Hehe it's sunny in PA too! Breakfast looks yummy!

Question about the rice milk... does it taste similar to skim?

chandra said...

Sunny in IA as well!! But WINDY! I about blew away during my lunch walk!

Anonymous said...

ccameron,

I found this recipe for zucchini bread on 101cookbooks: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/my-special-zucchini-bread-recipe-recipe.html
I haven't made it, but it sounds wonderful!

Lindsay,

Rice milk does taste similar to skim milk. I buy the vanilla flavor, so it's obviously sweeter.

Anonymous said...

Tina thanks for the site, I will definetly check it out. I was looking at your Pumpkin Bread recipe and was thinking about subsituting applesauce for the oil and adding a mashed banana. Just wanted to see what you thought. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

ccameron,

Yes! I totally agree with you! I actually thought of using applesauce instead of the canola oil. It will definitely cut down on the calories! Thanks for the idea-- I will definitely use it next time!

Anonymous said...

sunny in new york today!!! maybe it's sunny everywhere!