Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Starbucks Lunch

Today, I went to lunch with a friend, who has never had a Starbucks breakfast sandwich. (I couldn't believe it either!) Rumor has it that the Starbucks sandwiches will soon be discontinued, so I decided that he needed to try one ASAP. Unfortunately, the Starbucks that we visited was already out of breakfast sandwiches, but we were still able to order a couple of wraps for lunch. I ordered the Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Feta & Egg Wrap, which was decent, but really nothing special. The breakfast sandwiches are (were) amazingly delicious! I'm so sad that I may have eaten my last one!


My Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Feta & Egg Wrap before cutting into it...


The barista drew a smiley face on my wrap bag... little things like that can totally make your day!


No meal is complete without dessert! We split a huge molasses cookie, and it was worth every single calorie! :)


I had planned to go to Starbucks for lunch today, so to accompany my sandwich, I threw together a small side salad. I ended up getting hungry around 11:30, so I ate my salad with balsamic vinegar before heading to Starbucks.


Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Feta & Egg Wrap: 240
1/2 molasses cookie: 230
1/8 cup black beans: 50
Salad veggies: ~50
Lunch total: 570

9 Comments:

arielle said...

I've never had a Starbucks breakfast sandwich, either. Or any of their sandwiches. But I LOVE their banana chocolate chip coffee cake. It's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Based on my research for school, doing a strategic planning project case based on Starbucks, they have decided to pull starbucks breakfast sandwiches & all warm food out of their stores because they feel it is taking away from the coffee "aroma" & also it makes them look like they are trying to compete w/ McDonalds & Dunkin Donuts... However, some customers were VERY upset, so a few stores where the breakfast sandwiches have been INCREDIBLY successful, they have opted to keep them. Your starbucks manager will probably know whether they are keeping them or not :)

Sorry to sound like a dork, but thought I'd pass along my "info"

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,

Thanks for the info! I am very distraught about this decision, but you have given me some hope! There are a lot of Starbucks in Boston, so maybe I can still find a delicious sandwich! :)

Unknown said...

I have never tried their sandwiches either, although they do sound good.

Anonymous said...

Random question, but does an 1/8 cup of black beans really have 50 calories? I thought my can had a 1/2 c. as 105, so that would make an 1/8 around 25. Any ideas? Can beans vary that much from brand to brand? Thanks!

PAZ said...

I haven't tried the Starbucks breakfast sandwiches either! I should go look for them at my local Starbucks!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen lunch at Starbucks before. Shows you how long it's been since I've been to one... eep! Looks good!

Simple and Divine said...

Starbucks makes SANDWICHES?? And Breakfast Sandwiches? Or did?!?! Why did I not know this either?! OH and by the way...Their Toffee Bar is the most amazing tub of lard on the planet!!! (X1000) You have to get them to heat it, or wait to heat it yourself, it's SO amazing Tina! Watch out Mal...hahaha

Melanie said...

Wow I'm obviously living in some sort of alternate reality, because I'm a Starbucks addict and have NEVER seen sandwiches! I feel so deprived!