Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to the Grind

Vacation is definitely over. Lots to do today-- especially since I am out of the office for a training on Thursday. Oh boy, it is back to the grind.

I didn't eat my mid-morning snack, so my stomach started grumbling around 11:00 today. Lunch started early! First up was a tomato salad with red onion and feta. It took me about 3 minutes to prepare this before work this morning. So easy to make and so delicious!


From above...


Lunch's main course was leftovers from dinner last night. (I was too pooped to post about dinner after our trip. Sorry.) Again, from Bon Appetite magazine, I whipped up some Orrechiette Carbonara with leeks. Unfortunately, I couldn't find orrechiette at the grocery store, so I substituted whole wheat elbow-shaped pasta. The carbonara turned out creamy and cheesy, but also somewhat light-- more like a dressing than a sauce. The leeks added texture and some green to the meal, and the bacon was... um, well, extra crispy-- I forgot about it and cooked it too long! Oops!



My coworker brought in a box of Girl Scout cookies to share with the office, so I helped myself to three. (I went back for a third after eating these two.)


Breakfast was bulgar, dates, and almond slices. I was famished after my workout, so I wanted a breakfast that would really fill me up and hold me over for a few hours.



Pictured with an apple, which I didn't end up eating-- maybe it will become an afternoon snack.

8 Comments:

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Great. Now I want Girl Scout cookies... ;-) Welcome back, Tina!

Brian said...

I am definitely trying that tomato salad real soon!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ah, Girl Scout cookies - those bring back memories :0)

oooh, your breakfast bulgur sounds HEAVENLY!! yum.

best of luck with your busy day!!

Simple and Divine said...

Eventhough you're not too happy to be back, we're SO happy that you are! We've missed you miss Tina! And I love the tomato, onion, and feta salad. So yummy and fresh! Have you ever had a watermelon/feta salad? with balsamic vinagrette! It's one of my faves.

Hope you have a great tuesday pretty lady! Welcome back :)

run-roam-recycle said...

I gotta try this bulgar deal.. any advice?

Simple and Divine said...

Kristen...What's your blog girl? There's no link on your profile =(

Anonymous said...

mmm tomato & feta... just sounds so refreshing...

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

My blog is temporarily offline while I "glamify" it a bit. It should have been back online by now, but I'm in the midst of wedding planning and about to move halfway across the country (Nebraska to California), so things have been CRAZY! I'll definitely let you know when it's back up! :-)