Saturday, April 26, 2008

Celtics and Snacks

We didn't think that we were going to have friends over to watch the Celtics game tonight, but our plans changed. We're now have 5 people over to watch the game, munch on some appetizers, and enjoy some cocktails. I need to get ready for our guests, so gotta cut this short.

My run was GREAT this afternoon! It felt wonderful to be out in the sun and active. I ran about 4.5 miles, which was tiring at points, but I was able to push myself. I'm looking forward to improving my stamina over the next few weeks.

After my run and a shower, I was hungry for lunch. Lunch was a big old salad and a strawberry-banana-wheat germ-chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast-soy milk smoothie. It was so filling... and obviously, delicious!  


In my salad was lettuce, tomatoes, almond slices, and feta-stuffed olives, which were out of this world! I love olives-- the feta enhanced my adoration for them! 


Smoothie goodness...


After hitting Target, which was very successful (new placemat photos next post!), Mal and I went to pick up our wedding bands. We were so excited to have them that we wore them while grocery shopping! We're such dorks! 


12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sounds like a fun crowd to watch the Celtics with!

Oooh, your smoothie looks delicious!

Your wedding bands are GORGEOUS!! I don't blame you for wanting to wear them, even while grocery shopping, haha :0)

Anonymous said...

I love your wedding bands!! They're beautiful. =)

Anonymous said...

The ring is SOOO pretty! When I was all of like 10, I used to wear this ring of my grandma's, and I'd wear it on my ring finger thinking people might think I was married :D

Smoothie looks yummy too, btw!

Have fun with friends and the Celtics!

Jill said...

I looooooooove your ring, I think I've said this before. Just the type I want... first I need the guy though!

Becca said...

Wow, how beautiful. good choices :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful ring! so delicate!

healthy ashley said...

The rings are gorgeous! How funny that you wore them while grocery shopping! :)

ChickPea said...

Mmm your smoothie concoction sounds soooo good. You know I just can't say no to wheat germ...

Anonymous said...

Rings are beautiful! His looks just like Matt's!!

Anonymous said...

I love running in the sun as well! The light really energizes you. And not the mention the fact that everything looks better under sunlight!

And yum~smoothies! I love how you included chocolate in there XD

Cassie said...

Those rings are gorgeous! Congrats!

I went to target today for the first time- I am in love! Don't know why it took me so long to go!

Anonymous said...

Glad to stumble upon another celtics fan:) My bf recently converted to a suns fan, so things get a bit heated around here.

That ring is beautiful!