Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cake Tasting Fuel

This morning I made sure that I ate a solid breakfast. Our cake tasting is at noon today, and eating that much sugar on an empty stomach is never a good idea. Plus, I'm sure I'll need the extra energy to fuel me through a marathon cake tasting! :)

Breakfast was an oatmeal pancake with dried cranberries, topped with a little sugar-free maple syrup, and an orange.


My pancake came out perfect this morning-- golden brown, fluffy, and delicious!


Mal swiped a few slices of orange... he's lucky I don't mind sharing. :)


Breakfast from above with iced coffee...


I followed-up breakfast with an Adora disk for a sweet treat and some extra calcium-- each piece provides 500mg of calcium and 100IU of vitamin D. These nutrients work together and are critical for optimal bone health, especially if you're not getting enough of them in their diet. These babies are also so yummy-- the dark chocolate flavor and the smooth texture makes it hard to believe it is a supplement!


Happy Saturday!!! Be back later today for a review of the cake tasting!

10 Comments:

Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

"an oatmeal pancake with dried cranberries, topped with a little sugar-free maple syrup"

Sounds delicious, and even the pictures look appetizing. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

How did you get your pancake to come out so good? I made one yesterday and today and both times they STUCK to my non-stick pan. When I tried to flip it the whole thing broke apart. I could still eat it but instead of being in one piece it was in 5. Ooops!

Anonymous said...

Take lots of pictures for us Tina! You know we love seeing them and hearing/following your plans to your big day! That's so exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the cake tasting pics!!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Cake tasting has been my absolute FAVORITE part of the wedding planning process! You're going to have so much fun! I couldn't decide on my favorite, so we made each of the 3 layers of my cake a different flavor. :-)

Can't wait to see the pics!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Definitely wise to eat a "solid" breakfast before the cake-tasting - that way, you won't be famished when you get there!! And that pancake?? Perfection. LOVE how you served it up!!

Enjoy your fun day, girl!

Anonymous said...

have fun tasting, so exciting that the big day is so soon :)

Anonymous said...

Mmm enjoy your cake tasting!!!!!! And good luck w/ your invites... I am dreading that part haha...

By the way, thank you for posting that quote the other day about exercising & regret... This morning when I got up I almost thought about going later for a less intense workout and your quote popped into my head!!!!!! Needless to say I went to spinning class!

Anonymous said...

Omigosh I am sooo jealous! Cake tasting would be like, my idea of heaven. Enjoy every bite and beautifully crafted sugary treat.
Can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

mmm a whole day dedicated to just eating cake!? HEAVEN! and I had no idea about adora disks...what a neat concept! I'll have to check that out on my next trip to the store!