Saturday, April 5, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Good morning! Just a quick post before we head to the airport-- we're off to Washington, DC for the weekend! Yay, v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!

After my double breakfast yesterday, I hit the salad bar for a plate piled high with veggies. I loaded up with a little bit of everything: greens, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, jalapeƱos, edamame, red and green peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and wasabi green peas.


A very colorful lunch from above...


The Open House had a number of receptions and opportunities to eat really yummy food yesterday. My coworker and I split a piece of lovely lemon cake. The cake was covered in vanilla frosting, and layered with lemon pudding and even more vanilla frosting. Heaven!


My hair appointment ended up taking a lot longer than expected, so by the time I got home, I just wanted something quick for dinner. My stomach was grumbling the whole time I was at the salon-- it was loud too! Dinner was a grilled (using olive oil) ham and cheese sandwich with buffalo sauce. I swear, the buffalo sauce was a great addition. Mal, however, thinks I have "eclectic" tastes.


The April Fool's Day joke that lives on...

I arrived home last night to Mal playing video games and drinking a cocktail... a interesting greenish tinted cocktail, which actually turned out to be a "Caucasian" (or "White Russian") made with green milk! At first, I was confused when I saw his drink, but then I remember and started cracking up. He just glared at me-- of course, he was only kidding... he still thinks it's hilarious. :)


We're off to DC! Hope that everyone has a very enjoyable weekend! Be back on Monday!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I like the green milk cocktail :) have a great time in DC!

Anonymous said...

Yum... that salad looks great... I definitely think I'll be trying that grilled cheese w/ buffalo combo :-)

run-roam-recycle said...

"Eclectic tastes".. that's great! Whenever my grandma sees (but never tastes!) my sister's or my food, she always just says "that's interesting."

Have great time in DC! I don't know if you saw this comment earlier, but are there lots of farmers markets in Boston? Maybe any close by to NEU?

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip!!

Jill said...

Buffalo, GREAT idea! Look, it's an Irish Russian (hmmm, that makes little sense.)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

have a WONDERFUL time in DC, Tina!!!

Haha, that green milk joke IS pretty funny :0D