Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Mild April Fool's Day

It's relatively mild today in Boston. Spring is coming! The day has also been pretty mild in terms of April Fool's Day pranks... being done to me and done to others. When I was younger, my mom almost always played a joke on my sister and me on April Fool's Day, so even now, I still love harmless pranks. I don't have anything planned yet, but it would be fun to play a prank on Mal tonight, so please let me know if you have any good ideas! :)

I successfully made it to the gym this morning! I did 20 minutes of free weights, followed by 40 minutes on the elliptical and stretching. I was pretty hungry before the gym, so I downed a big glass of water and ate a piece of Ezekiel bread with peanut butter. After my workout, I made breakfast, which was bulgar with hemp milk, dates, and almond slices... and took an orange to eat at work.



1/4 cup bulgar: 160
1/2 cup hemp milk: 85
1/8 cup sliced almonds: 70
7 dates: 150
Orange: 85
Toast: 80
1 tbsp PB: 90
Soy milk misto: 100
Breakfast and pre-workout snack total: 820!

Lunch was leftovers from last night: Beet, Bacon, and Feta salad, but served cold. I actually liked the salad a lot better this way.


From above in Tupperware... I was going to lay out the salad, all nice and pretty, but I thought the beets might make a mess. It was much easier eating out of the plastic container.


And to conclude lunch: Lindt chocolate truffles (love these!) and a mug of peppermint tea with a 1/2 packet of Stevia.


Beet and bacon salad: ~300
2 Lindt truffles: 160
Lunch total: 460

5 Comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you posted about soy mistos. I am drinking my first one as I type. It's really good! I like the taste as much as the soy latte but it's a lot less calories which is nice. Mmmmmmm :)

Dorothy said...

I like the up close picture of the bulger & dates. It looks so good... I'm going to have to try it now!

gc said...

Haha don't worry about the breakfast cals Tina! I posted to Kath awhile back, that after playing with my pre-workout snacks for months- I've found that I can eat a larger snack before my work out with the results of a) better mood; b) better performance; and c) no weight gain! The key I've found is timing!

I definitely forgot it was April Fool's day today! Let us know if you come up with a good prank for Mal. I've got nothing!

run-roam-recycle said...

Hey there!

I'm still working on the beginnings of my blog.. but could you tell me how you got to have two columns going down both sides of your page? I can only get mine on the left side..?

Anonymous said...

run-roam-recycle,

I found the template on this website: http://www.blogcrowds.com/resources/blogger_template.php

The site has a lot of cool templates!