Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sauteed Greens with Chicken, Cannellini Beans & Garlic

Dinner tonight was simple, quick, nutritious, and delicious! Again, I utilized my subscription to Bon Appetite magazine, and found a recipe for Sauteed Greens with Cannelloni Beans, and Garlic. The original recipe does not include chicken, but I wanted to make the dish into a meal, so I baked and added 2 breasts of chicken chunks. This morning, I marinated the chicken in a lemon pepper marinade by Lawry's, which was very flavorful, but unfortunately, included high fructose corn syrup! Yuck times a million! I don't know how this got into our apartment! I think Mal might have picked it up on a recent grocery shopping. Oh well, what can you do, right? I hate wasting food, but I'll probably toss the rest of the bottle. 


The meal from above...


My afternoon snack was a piece of Ezekiel bread with peanut butter, an apple (to which I added more peanut butter), and a mug of peppermint tea. 


P.S. I came up with a small April Fool's Day joke to play on Mal-- I added green food coloring to his 1/2 gallon of milk! (I rarely drink cow's milk.) He is going to be so surprised tomorrow morning! Ok, I'm like 10 years old! :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

haha funny joke to play on him! can't wait to hear about what happens tomorrow ;)

i definitely did not know that lawry's had HFCS! I used to use that all the time in the summer when grilling, now I know not to use it this season!!!!! Thanks for the tip ;)

Jill said...

I LOVE that joke!

I hate finding HFCS in everything, it seems like just because it's cheap makes the industry not care it's terrible for you.

Anonymous said...

Tina, I just found your blog! I live in Boston too and I'm getting married one week before you (July 5, 2008)! I love how everything you mention is local. You have a new fan :)

Can't wait to hear what your fiance thinks of the green milk...

Anonymous said...

Tropicalelina,

Which part of Boston do you live? We almost picked July 5 as our wedding date too! It's coming up soon! Are you ready? :)

As for the green milk, Mal thought it was hilarious... he was "fake" mad at me this morning! :)

Melanie said...

Haha what a great trick! Sadly, I'm not creative when it comes to practical jokes.
Oh and thanks for posting the link to that recipe! Sounds great- I can't wait to try it with some tofu :)

Anonymous said...

Ha, cute!
I live by Fenway and work in the Prudential. What about you? Yeah, the wedding is coming up so soon. Crazy! I'm done with the big stuff, but still have to find a hairdresser, make up artist, veil, accessories, finalize the invitations. Man, now I'm stressed! JK, it's a lot to do, but I can't wait!