Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sweet All Around

Good news! I got a raise! Well, my boss told me about it a few weeks ago, but the paperwork was finally submitted this morning, so my salary increase should appear in my next paycheck... and the raise is retro active. It wasn't a huge raise, but every little bit helps... especially with a wedding in just 101 days! (Yep, I have a countdown!)

Breakfast was scrumptious today! I mixed 1/3 cup of oat bran with 1/3 cup of hemp milk, 2 tsp of brown sugar, and 1/8 cup of sliced almonds in a big bowl... then popped it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I loved the smooth, soft texture that the hemp milk added, and the sweet flavor of the brown sugar-- my breakfast was almost dessert-like this morning! Mmmm!


Up close and personal with my oat bran...


From above with an orange, which I peeled and enjoyed with a mug of coffee at my desk...


Lunch

I'm eating lunch at my desk today, but I have plans to run some errands and grab coffee at Starbucks with a friend this afternoon, so I won't be chained to my desk all day. The weather looks gorgeous this afternoon! Let's hope it's warm outside!

After finishing dinner last night, I packed up the leftovers, which was a good size portion, for today's lunch. It was so easy to prepare in the office, only requiring a little rearranging on a plate.



Easter candy for dessert: Russell Stover Truffle Egg, chocolate truffle covered in milk chocolate. Obviously, my sweet tooth needs to be satisfied each and every day! :)



Sports Bra Recommendations

I need some help. I am in desperate need of new sports bras. All of mine have lost their "support"... and boy, do I need support in that area! Has anyone recently purchased a sports bra that they really love, but that didn't cost a fortune? Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!

15 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Target's C9 by Champion sports bra (link in my favorites page on my blog)... they are awesome and have held up really well for me!

Congrats on the raise!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check out the link on our blog. I might need to schedule a visit to Target soon.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I am quite lacking in the chest department, so just about anything will work for me. BUT Women's Health has a whole sports bra section this month with recommendations for different sizes, impact level, etc. If you don't want to buy it, I'm sure you could just peruse it in the grocery store and get some good ideas quickly!

mch said...

Congrats on the raise! I LOVE my Under Armor sports bra. It is so comfortable you can easily forget you're wearing it! Awesome in absorbing the sweat too (groass, but true).

Beth said...

My fave sports bras are by Moving Comfort (the style I like is Maia). They are a little pricey ,but trust me - worth EVERY penny. They last forever too!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the raise! well deserved, i'm sure!

ooo-sports bra. as a fuller chested girl, I have such a hard time, so I'd love to hear other people's recommendations as well. My fav is the Marathon Bra by LuluLemon, but it's so pricey, I'd love to find a cheaper option.

chandra said...

I LOVE those truffle things!! Congrats on the raise!! That is so exciting!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

Tina-

I completely agree with lindsay of loveofoats... The C9 by Champion from Target is amaaaazing, and so cheap that when it (finally) stretches you won't feel bad to throw it out and buy some new ones... I keep mine for about 5 months for running, then just wear them to teach dance until they are really bad- but they do hold their stretch pretty well! One tip- don't buy them too big.. I am a 34C yet I wear a Small (and a medium in UnderArmour sports bras).

Good luck!

-RhodeyGirl

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

BTW Betsy-

My friend is a 34D (or 32DD sometimes) and she also loves this sports bra so I think it might work for everyone!

-RG

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for all of the recommendations! You guys are great! I'm going to check these suggestions out online. Much appreciated! :)

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

For what it's worth, I swear by this one by Champion (sold by Lucy):

http://www.lucy.com/jump.jsp?itemID=7031&itemType=PRODUCT&size=&sort=&path=1%2C3%2C120&iProductID=7031

Ran a marathon in it and it held up wonderfully.

Unknown said...

Good job on the raise!

I get basic sport bras because I really dont need much support. heh. sorry I cannot help.

arielle said...

Congrats on the raise. I don't need much support, so I wear like Hanes or whatever's cheap.

Anonymous said...

This months Women's Health magazine did a huge articles on the best sports bras for all sizes and activities. Do you get that magazine?

Simple and Divine said...

TARGET Champion C9...A.MAZING. I do either theirs or Underarmours, but they're quite expensive. Target's are great tho!