Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Turkey Burgers with Smoked Mozzarella

Mr. Mal cooked again tonight. (He is very particular about the way his meat is cooked, and would rather cook himself than trust me with the duty, which is totally fine with me!) Tonight's dinner was turkey burgers with smoked mozzarella on toasted whole wheat buns. To my burger, I added my favorite Vermont relish and tomato slices.


My friend, Jen, stopped by our apartment tonight for a quick, impromptu visit. I was psyched when she called to tell me that she was in the neighborhood and wanted to say hello. We drank a couple of glasses of wine and chatted for about an hour before she headed to dinner with a friend. Some people don't like unexpected guests, but I love them... especially Jen!

My afternoon snack was an apple with about a tablespoon of peanut butter... and yes, I brought my apple slicer to work with me. I love that thing! :)

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I have that same apple-slicer!!! Seriously, that thing is a life-saver, haha - love it!

Meghann said...

I brought my apple slicer to work too! It's the only way to have slices with out them going brown, plus all of my co workers seem to be impressed by the contraption.

Erin said...

I bought one of those slicers about 2 years ago, and I think I used it twice! I think I should look for it, I would eat apples much more often.

Anonymous said...

That apple slicer is great!

Anonymous said...

Wow great idea, I should definitely bring one to work with me... it would make things much easier all around!

Mal seems like a great cook!

test it comm said...

Turkey burgers with smoked mozzarella sound good. That apple slicer looks like it would be a real time saver!

Simple and Divine said...

That's so cool! We NEVER use our apple slicer, partly because I love to slice everything myself... For some reason it makes me feel more connected with my food and I adore the process; however, An apple slicer would be IDEAL to prevent making a mess at work! Cute cute!

And like you, TIna, I LOVE it when my friends pop over to say hi without warning! Surprises make my day!

Anonymous said...

Man those turkey burgers look great! Good fiance! :)