Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to Food

Blogger is having issues this evening-- the rest of my photos won't upload, and I don't have the patience to keep trying. Sorry, all! The couch is calling my name... and the Celtics are on soon! 

The photos that didn't upload were my breakfast (an egg sandwich and D&D iced coffee) and my lunch (a Joseph's pita filled with veggies, sprouts, feta, and hummus and 6 medjool dates). Sorry no visual. 

For Memorial Day today, Mal and I stopped by a friend's BBQ/party this afternoon. We had a bunch of errands to do later in the afternoon, so Mal and I were party poopers and only stayed for a couple of hours. While at the party, I enjoyed a Memorial Day beer...


and Mal played some "Corn Hole" bean bag toss... and enjoyed a couple of Memorial beers as well. 


After grocery shopping, stopping at Home Depot and the hardware store, Mal and I enjoyed a couple of pomegranate-lemonade drinks in our new margarita glasses on our patio. 


We were finally able to purchase a small tank of propane for our grill today. Our first grilled meal was veggie burgers and corn on the cob


Oops! Sorry about the direction of this photo! I ate my veggie burger with the best Vermont relish ever and a little BBQ sauce. Delish! Oh, how I missed grilling! 


Ok, Celtics time and back to the grind tomorrow! Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! 

9 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Despite no photographs of lunch, it definitely SOUNDS great- especially the hummus and medjool dates components :0)

I love playing corn hole!! :0D

Enjoy watching the Celtics game!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one playing corn hole all Memorial Day!!

Danielle said...

woah, i've missed a lot. you've had quite a few delectable celebrations and a whole lotta fun :). glad to see you enjoyed so much this weekend! btw, your shower looked like it was absolutely fabulous!

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! It sounds like so much fun - and your party looked very professional...especially that cake!! Yum!

Cassie said...

Looks like a great time- you were def jam-packed this weekend! Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

glad it was a great memorial day~ Where in BOS do you find the Joseph's pita bread?? shaws?

thanks~

Anonymous said...

hk,

I buy the Joseph's pitas at Stop & Shop. They're over in the deli area.

Beth said...

How did Mal get those ABS!!??!?! I'm impressed! :D

Jessica said...

We love cornhole and Sam Adams Summer Ale - have you tried Goose Island's 312 wheat ale. If it's in your area (made in Chicago) I recommend trying it. I think it goes great with gucamole!