Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Very Blueberry Oatmeal Pancake

Good morning! I love Monday holidays! It feels like a Monday, but it is already Tuesday. Love it!

Breakfast this morning was an oatmeal pancake with fresh blueberries. So delish! The blueberries totally made this meal! Yuuuuumm!


Blueberry Oatmeal Pancake

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Mix together oats, egg whites, and blueberries with baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl.
  2. Preheat a skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and pour batter into skillet. I recommend using a small (approx. 8") skillet to help mold the batter into a "pancake" shape.
  3. Cook pancake until batter is firm on bottom, then flip and cook another 60 seconds (or until pancake is cooked all the way through).
  4. Top with maple syrup (or whatever else you like!)

Breakfast from above on our new placemats... I received a set of four (with matching napkins) at my wedding shower this weekend. The pattern reminds me of the Vera Bradley prints. So cute!


Workout

I haven't posted a workout in awhile. Here is today's legs, triceps, and biceps workout. I used dumbbells ranging from 8 - 20 lbs.

15-20 reps, 3 sets


Barbell squats

Walking lunges with dumbbells

Wide stance squats

Stiff leg dead lifts

Triceps extension

Dips off the bench

Bicep dumbbell curls

Bicep hammer curls

7 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my, that pancake is just BURSTING with blueberries - yum!!

Happy Tuesday!! (even though it feels like Monday, haha).

Anonymous said...

Mmmm that blueberry pancake is amazing... once I get my hands on fresh blueberries, I'll be trying this one out!

i love vera bradley & agree w. you... those are just too cute :)

Anonymous said...

That pancake looks so fluffy, plump and delicious. Blueberries are SO good in pancakes. I think I might have some fresh ones somewhere in the fridge and if I do, your recipe is what they will have to go towards ;)

Maggie M. said...

Oatmeal-y pancakes are sooo good. Thanks for the recipe :)

Jill said...

Awe, it was sad to read your posts backward - you were so hopeful for the day and it turned it to be a 'meh' day... at least it's a short week!

Anonymous said...

That pancake looks SO fluffy! Ahh breakfast dream!

Anonymous said...

thanks for this recipe----gonna try it in the morning as I actually (shocker) have b-berries in the house!

M.