Friday, May 30, 2008

Hungry Girl!

I have been the bottomless pit today! My stomach just keeps growling! Perhaps it's because I didn't eat a very substantial dinner after the race last night? I did eat breakfast 30 minutes earlier than I usually do today. All I know is that I've been hungry all day!

Around 10:00, my stomach starting rumbling... and not a subtle grumble, a full-on feed me grumble! I decided to listen to my (loud) stomach and buy myself a snack to hold me over until lunch. I purchased a cinnamon raisin muffin from the cafe, and enjoyed it with my coffee.


My snack held me over nicely for a few hours. Around 1:00, I started to get hungry again. Today's lunch was a Joseph's pita filled with roasted red pepper hummus, spinach, broccoli, red peppers, cucumbers, chick peas, jalapeƱos, and feta. A wonderful mix of ingredients!


The Joesph's pitas are rather thin, so after the first bite, my veggie pita completely fell apart. It ended up being more of a pita salad than sandwich-- I ate most of it with a fork.


My afternoon snack is a banana and a couple of very broken pizzelle. The plan is to wait a few hours to eat my snack, but we'll see what my stomach decides to do! I'm an eating machine today!


Happy FRIDAY, all! I can't wait for the weekend to begin! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely would get hungry after that run... You probably need the fuel after working out so hard :) After I do a bike race, I am starving the next day too! Looks like you have some great, healthy options too!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looks like you've been satisfying your hunger quite deliciously :0) Enjoy!!

TGIF!!!!

RunEatRepeat said...

Yeah, if I don't properly fuel after a long run I am hungry the next day. Make sure you are getting enough fluids too! You might be dehydrated.