Sunday, May 11, 2008

Le Lyonnais Restaurant Français

Happy Mother's Day! What a gorgeous day it was! Mal and I headed home to where our parents live to celebrate Mother's Day with his step-mom. (We're celebrating with my mom next weekend.)

Mal's parents, his step-brother, Mal, and I enjoyed dinner at Le Lyonnais, a French restaurant in Acton, MA. Le Lyonnais has a quaint and homey feel to it with an unassuming, comfortable, French country decor inside. I loved their mismatched, antiquey dishes! Dinner tonight was an experience! We enjoyed a leisurely 2.5 hour meal-- it felt so wonderfully European! :)


Our first taste of the evening was fresh baked bread! The restaurant bakes their own French bread, which was strikingly delicious and flavorful. In my opinion, it was just as wonderful as a baguette that you would purchase in a Paris bakery! The bread was served with olive oil and fresh ground pepper for dipping. I enjoyed one piece of French bread with the dipping oil.


I ordered a simple salad with seasonal greens and a lemon-flavored dressing drizzled on top. I pretty much ate the entire salad-- I only left a few leaves on my plate!

As an entree, I ordered the Salmon Dugleré, poached salmon, served over fresh tomatoes, herbs and a sprinkle of lemon juice. It was served with green beans, mushrooms, zucchini, and a potato.


The salmon was probably the best I have ever eaten! The flavor and texture were absolutely perfect. I was served such an enormous piece of salmon-- I barely even made a dent in! I ate the majority of the vegetables, but I still have lots of leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.


For dessert, Mal and I split Le Delice Antoinette, a rum-soaked cake with caramel custard, strawberries, and fresh whipped cream. It was AMAZING! I could have easily eaten the whole dessert myself!


Mal's step-mom choose a chocolate mousse served inside of a chocolate shell for her dessert. I didn't have a bite, but it looked soooooo yummy! I just had to share a photo!


4 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad that you had a nice Mother's Day with your family!

Oooh, that Le Delice Antoinette looks DIVINE!! Is it a coincidence that it's called an Antoinette?? Reminds me of Marie Antoinette's famous "you can have your cake and eat it too" saying ;0)

Cassie said...

That looks like a wonderful Mother's Day dinner! Glad you had a great day!

And that chocolate mouse looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

awww sounds like a wonderful mother's day... i love leisurely meals where you can enjoy every bite, as well as enjoy the time spent w/ the people you are with...

the chocolate mousse looks delish, as does the poached salmon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks great, Tina! Love the mismatched dishes.