Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long Run, Late Dinner

I just finished eating dinner about 10 minutes ago. I went on a long-ish run (6.5 miles) this evening, stretched, did some abs, showered, got dressed, threw together dinner, and finally sat down to eat at just about 8:00. Of course, I was famished! 

Dinner this evening was leftover pizza and a side salad made with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and sprouts, and dressed with the most amazing cabernet vinegar. (I'm still obsessed with this stuff!)


I chugged a huge glass of water when I got home from my run, but by the time I was ready for dinner, I wanted something besides water to drink. Instead, I made myself a pomegranate-lemonade with a slice of lime. So yum!!! I have a feeling this is going to be the drink of the summer for me!


Pizza, salad, and pomegranate-lemonade from above...


For dessert, I had 2 pizzelles, one with a tsp of peanut butter spread on top. 


I was super busy at work today, so I never had a chance to post lunch. Sorry! Quick recap...

Lunch was a ham and Buffalo sauce sandwich (again). I also had some broccoli florets with roasted red pepper hummus. I ate these while at an informal meeting right before lunch, so I never thought to snap a photo. I probably ate about a cup of broccoli and a few tablespoons of hummus. 


After lunch, I ate a piece of leftover chocolate cake from yesterday's retirement party. I put my piece in a small cup, which is why this photo looks so strange. The cake was just as delicious as it was yesterday!


And finally, my afternoon snack was a container of Brown Cow maple-flavored yogurt with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed in. It was my first time trying this flavor of Brown Cow yogurt, and I LOVE it!! It was creamy, sweet, and "natural" tasting. I hate when yogurt tastes "fake" and "chemically." I highly recommend this brand and flavor of yogurt! 
 

7 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, that pomegranate-lemonade looks quite refreshing - perfect post-run drink!

Pizelles!! I haven't eaten those in YEARS!! Brings back memories :0)

Becca said...

I'm now craving a pomegrante drink after looking at your lemonade!

I always think about trying those brown cow yogurts, I'll have to pick one up now that you've given it a good review!

Anonymous said...

I love pizzelle (that's the plural version, no need for the "s" :-)
I haven't had one in so long, I think it's time for an occasion to make some!

Anonymous said...

I love pizzelle (that's the plural version, no need for the "s" :-)
I haven't had one in so long, I think it's time for an occasion to make some!

Erica said...

I am going to give those brown cow yogurts a shot! Your whole dinner looks delicious as well.

Cassie said...

That pomegranite lemonade looks soo refreshing!

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the Brown Cow yogurts, too! My mom is hooked on the maple, it makes an awesome topping for oatmeal...just a hint of natural, maple-y sweetness, perfect :)

have a good day!