Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long Run, Late Dinner

I just finished eating dinner about 10 minutes ago. I went on a long-ish run (6.5 miles) this evening, stretched, did some abs, showered, got dressed, threw together dinner, and finally sat down to eat at just about 8:00. Of course, I was famished! 

Dinner this evening was leftover pizza and a side salad made with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, and sprouts, and dressed with the most amazing cabernet vinegar. (I'm still obsessed with this stuff!)


I chugged a huge glass of water when I got home from my run, but by the time I was ready for dinner, I wanted something besides water to drink. Instead, I made myself a pomegranate-lemonade with a slice of lime. So yum!!! I have a feeling this is going to be the drink of the summer for me!


Pizza, salad, and pomegranate-lemonade from above...


For dessert, I had 2 pizzelles, one with a tsp of peanut butter spread on top. 


I was super busy at work today, so I never had a chance to post lunch. Sorry! Quick recap...

Lunch was a ham and Buffalo sauce sandwich (again). I also had some broccoli florets with roasted red pepper hummus. I ate these while at an informal meeting right before lunch, so I never thought to snap a photo. I probably ate about a cup of broccoli and a few tablespoons of hummus. 


After lunch, I ate a piece of leftover chocolate cake from yesterday's retirement party. I put my piece in a small cup, which is why this photo looks so strange. The cake was just as delicious as it was yesterday!


And finally, my afternoon snack was a container of Brown Cow maple-flavored yogurt with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal mixed in. It was my first time trying this flavor of Brown Cow yogurt, and I LOVE it!! It was creamy, sweet, and "natural" tasting. I hate when yogurt tastes "fake" and "chemically." I highly recommend this brand and flavor of yogurt! 
 

10 Comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oooh, that pomegranate-lemonade looks quite refreshing - perfect post-run drink!

Pizelles!! I haven't eaten those in YEARS!! Brings back memories :0)

Becca said...

I'm now craving a pomegrante drink after looking at your lemonade!

I always think about trying those brown cow yogurts, I'll have to pick one up now that you've given it a good review!

romina said...

I love pizzelle (that's the plural version, no need for the "s" :-)
I haven't had one in so long, I think it's time for an occasion to make some!

romina said...

I love pizzelle (that's the plural version, no need for the "s" :-)
I haven't had one in so long, I think it's time for an occasion to make some!

Erica said...

I am going to give those brown cow yogurts a shot! Your whole dinner looks delicious as well.

Cassie said...

That pomegranite lemonade looks soo refreshing!

hk said...

I'm a huge fan of the Brown Cow yogurts, too! My mom is hooked on the maple, it makes an awesome topping for oatmeal...just a hint of natural, maple-y sweetness, perfect :)

have a good day!

Joe said...

Elastic Satin & Chiffon bridesmaid dresses Satin & Chiffon bridesmaid dresses Satin & Lace bridesmaid dresses Satin & Organza bridesmaid dresses Satin & Taffeta bridesmaid dresses Satin & Tulle bridesmaid dresses Taffeta & Chiffon bridesmaid dresses Taffeta & Lace bridesmaid dresses Taffeta & Organza bridesmaid dresses Sleeveless bridesmaid dresses Cap Sleeves bridesmaid dresses Short Sleeves bridesmaid dresses Elbow Sleeves bridesmaid dresses Three Quarter Sleeves bridesmaid dresses Long Sleeves bridesmaid dresses Beading bridesmaid dresses Sequin bridesmaid dresses Sash bridesmaid dresses Flower bridesmaid dresses Beading & Sequin bridesmaid dresses Beading & Flower bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

Applique & Sequin mother of bride dresses Embroidery mother of bride dresses Embroidery & Beading mother of bride dresses Lace mother of bride dresses Basque Waist mother of bride dresses Drop Waist mother of bride dresses Empire Waist mother of bride dresses Natural Waist mother of bride dresses Zipper mother of bride dresses Alexia Designs flower girl dresses Alfred Angelo flower girl dresses Alyce Designs flower girl dresses Bill Levkoff flower girl dresses Dessy flower girl dresses Do You Love Me flower girl dresses Eden Bridals flower girl dresses Emerald Bridal flower girl dresses Forever Yours flower girl dresses Jordan Fashions flower girl dresses Little Miss Princess flower girl dresses Macis Design flower girl dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses