Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pasta with Broccoli, Tomatoes, and Turkey Sausage

Dinner was yum tonight! I'm so happy that there are leftovers for tomorrow's lunch! The meal of the evening was pasta with broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and turkey sausage. 


The meal was quick and simple to throw together. I boiled some water for the pasta, steamed the broccoli in the microwave, fried-up the turkey sausage, and halved and sauteed the cherry tomatoes...


... then tossed all of the ingredients with a little bit of olive oil. Fast, easy, and nutritious! 


I topped my portion with a few shakes of parmesan cheese. Love this dish! 


Sorry tonight's post was so brief. I am totally distracted by American Idol! 

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, pasta!! Delectable dinner, for sure.

Haha, hope you enjoyed 'American Idol' :0)

Jill said...

I saw American Idol today for the first time as I was a the gym and it was on... and I have to say my favorite was the girl - and the judges didn't like her songs that much! I must have bad taste or something, haha.

How many muffins did your recipe make? I cannot run on empty either and those look like a nice, healthy snack.

Anonymous said...

Jill,

The recipe made 12 mini muffins. I wasn't sure what to expect with the oat bran, so I didn't make a huge batch.

Unknown said...

Hi Tina -

Did you skip lunch yesterday? Just noticed that all you blogged was Oatmeal in the am and pasta for dinner - don't tell me you skipped lunch! :)

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Haha! I definitely did not skip lunch! I'm not one to skip meals... ever! :) I ate leftovers from Monday night's dinner (shrimp and pasta and kale chips, and I didn't have enough time to do a lunch post yesterday afternoon, so I decided to just leave it out. Sorry to make you worry!

P.S. I also had a piece of cake yesterday afternoon (office b-day!) :)

Unknown said...

Haha, Didn't think you were that type! I feel like a stalker now for noticing..I promise I'm not:)

Good to know that even "healthy" girls indulge in office cake once and a while!

Thanks

Becca said...

This dish looks delicious! I think its the colorful broccoli and tomatoes that is drawing me in!

Anonymous said...

Did you get the recipe from Good Housekeeping? That is exactly what we had!

Allison