Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pumpkin Walnut Bulgar with Raisins

I am busy, busy, busy today! Work is really starting to pick up! Most offices slow down in the summer months, but mine does just the opposite!

Breakfast this morning was a big bowl of bulgar with pumpkin, walnuts, brown sugar, and raisins. Delish!

I love how the canned pumpkin plumps-up the bulgar! I ate an enormous amount of breakfast bulgar this morning!


My bowl from above... when I arrived at work, I made myself a mug of coffee with soy milk and Splenda, which I am still drinking. I've reheated it twice already!


It's a beautiful day here in Boston! Here are a couple of shots from our sunny balcony overlooking our marsh.


We sometimes have ducks swimming around in the marsh, but I didn't see any this morning... maybe it's still too cold?


Old School Photos

Just yesterday, a friend of mine sent me a bunch of old photos from our infamous New Years Eve Vermont ski trip back in 2004. It was great to reminisce and see photos from that trip! However, I weighed a good 20-25 pounds more back then. I uploaded a few new Vermont ski trip photos to my "Weight Loss" page. They're a powerful reminder of how far I have come-- not in just terms of weight, but overall health and wellness. I'm more in tune with my body and what it needs to be healthy and fit.

10 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Not only does the pumpkin plump up the bulgar, but those plump raisins add volume as well!! Yum!!

Ahh, good luck with your busy day today; and enjoy the gorgeous weather!

You've come far! Congratulations! Keep up the great work :0)

Anonymous said...

where do you buy bulgar around boston? i can't seem to find it!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I buy my bulgar from a health food called "Good Health" in Quincy. I believe Whole Foods sells it in bulk from their bins as well as in the packaged form. In the past, I've use the Arrowhead Mills brand. Here's a link to the product: http://www.arrowheadmills.com/products/product.php?prod_id=220&cat_id=. I think you can find the Arrowhead Mills brand at most grocery stores.

Kelly said...

Quick question...I saw peanut butter chips in an old post, what brand do you use? I've got quite a few recipes that call for them but every bag I've found thus far uses hydrogenated oils.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you just reminded me that I have a can of pumpkin waiting for me in my kitchen, totally forgot about it :) I have to try it w/ bulgur!

This looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I use the Toll House brand. Sadly, they do have hydrogenated palm oil in them, but the peanut butter chips are a nice treat to enjoy every now and then. I wish so much that they made "healthy" peanut butter chips! Please let me know if you find any!

Anonymous said...

Mmm I love pumpkin.

That's so cool that you have that in your backyard!! Where the heck do you find that in the middle of Boston?

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That's awesome - I love looking back at old photos :)

Cassie said...

I saw organic chocolate and peanut butter chips at Whole Foods last week- maybe this will help!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

pumpkin mmmmm