Monday, May 12, 2008

Shrimp, Tomato, and Basil Pasta

Dinner tonight was from Martha Stewart's website: Shrimp, Tomato, and Basil Pasta.

I found this recipe a few weeks ago, and decided to hang on to it because it sounded so simple to make and didn't require many ingredients. We had almost all of the ingredients. Instead of fresh basil, I used dried. The meal was good, but the fresh basil would have definitely made it better!


I topped my pasta with a few shakes of Parmesan cheese.


Tonight, I made my first batch of kale chips! Many bloggers have been raving about these, and I finally decided it was time for me to try them. The kale chips were surprisingly amazing! They really sort of taste like potato chips-- and I couldn't stop eating them! I must have had about 25 chips. Mal was a big fan of them too... and he doesn't often love my "health" food!


Dessert was a Pumpkin-Coconut-Date bar... well, actually two bars. Sooo yum!


Jeopardy time! Night, all!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

jeopardy ROCKS! what a lovely spring time meal, I hope you beat mal (I always have to make in a competition in Jeopardy...haha maybe I'm just the only crazy one!)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Pasta (I agree, fresh basil makes everything taste better!) + Kale chips + Pumpkin-Coconut-Date bar = perfect meal!

Enjoy watching Jeopardy! :0)

Danielle said...

Everything looks so fresh! Enjoy your TV time, I think I'm due there any minute... :)

Nazarina A said...

Thank you for accepting my "friend request" on foodbuzz.I just joined today!
I love the "frivolity" and the fun aspect of your blog.
The pumpkin date bar looks wholesome and your ginger carrots in one of your older posts looks devine.It had that golden crunch of which I am soooo crazy about.I shall have to try it especially since I grow them and after distributing to the neighbors and all the carrot cakes etc...this is another I can add to my recipe box. I have even reverted to food art where this humble tuber is concerned LOL!
Nazarina.

Chou said...

I think I need to try these Kale chips. Interesting.

Jescel said...

yep, fresh basil makes the difference. sometimes when i don't have fresh basil, i keep around a basil infused olive oil and i add a tad bit to the pasta -- and it helps! Hmmnn.. that kale chips is intriguing...might try it.

Anonymous said...

Jescel,

Basil infused oil, you say? Sounds like something that would be right up my alley! I'm going to look for it next shopping trip. Thanks for the suggestion! :)