Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spanikopita Burgers

Propane. What a pain. We knew that we didn't have propane for our new grill, but we thought we knew where we could easily buy it. Unfortunately, we were unable to come up with a tank of propane for our grill tonight. We were bummed, but after visiting a few stores in the area, we were starving and just ready to eat!

The recipe of the evening was Rachel Ray's Spanikoptia Burgers (one of my favorites!) I'm sure they would have been a-mazing from the grill, but they turned out pretty awesome from the frying pan!


I ate my burger on a toasted whole wheat bun with buffalo sauce, and a few raw carrots and green peppers on the side. You can never have too many veggies! :)


As I previously mentioned, Mal and I were famish when we walked in the door after our unsuccessful propane shopping trip. While we were cooking the Spanikopita Burgers, we each enjoyed a glass of wine...


and munched on some TJ's Parmesan, Garlic, and Herb Pita Chips.


David vs. David! Red Sox! Celtics! So much good TV, so little time! Good night!

12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, what a fun variation on a burger!! Yum-o!! Oh come on, you KNEW I'd say that - that IS a Rachael Ray recipe, after all ;0)

Have fun tonight!!

Melanie said...

can you tell me what Buffalo sauce is?? Sounds like something I would like :)

Anonymous said...

Melanie (and Jennifer),

The buffalo sauce brand that I use is Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce. Delish!

Becca said...

Thats too bad about not being able to grill, but dinner still looks fantastic!

Allyson said...

O.M.G
I'm coming over to have dinner at your house! :)

Cassie said...

Those burgers look great. I tend to like most of Rachel Ray's Recipes.

What did you think of Idol? That boxing comparison thing they did annoyed me a bit - ha.

Erica said...

Those burgers look awesome! I am going to try them with a different kind of cheese (my husband is not a feta fan). Quick question- how do you personalize your title in google blogger (with your own picture and design etc)? I'm still new to this ;) I've only been using the templates.

Erica

Anonymous said...

What does spankopita stand for?

Do your co workers or family ever say anything when you take pics of your food?

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

From Wikipedia: Spanakopita (Greek "σπανάκι + πίτα", spinach + pie) is a Greek pastry with a filling of spinach, feta cheese (sometimes in combination with ricotta cheese for value), green onions, egg, and seasoning. The filling is wrapped in layers of phyllo pastry with butter and/or olive oil, either in a large pan from which individual servings are cut, or rolled into individual triangular servings (see burek). Spanakopita is golden in color when baked.

I'm glad I looked it up-- I didn't know what it was either!

My family and most of my friends know about my blog, so they understand why I am taking photos of my food. At first, I was really uncomfortable about snapping photos, but it has gotten much easier, and I am much quicker taking good photos! Usually, I just announce "quick photo for the blog," snap a photo, then continue on with eating.

Erica said...

Nevermind- I'm special, I figured out the title adjustment...haha

Jessica said...

Have you ever posted your favorite TJ items? If so I'd love to rad what others "can't miss" items are. I just posted mine.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I have soooo many TJ's favorites! Here are my top TJ's favs:

- Potstickers
- Turkey meatballs
- Taquitos
- Crab cakes
- Mejool dates!
- Charles Shaw wine ($2 chuck!)
- Pita chips